It is possible to get new job in Norway

Hi Everyone !!!
                I am Jobby Varghese.I am from India.I am planing to apply for "Norwegian for Skilled Worker" visa.could you please advice me about my decision.As I have no idea about Norway.I have completed Diploma in Electrical Engineering and more than 10 years experience in Oil and Gas Industrial,it is possible to get new job in Norway.Please throw some light on -

Thanks And Regards
Jobby Varghese

jobbyvarghese wrote:

Hi Everyone !!!
                I am Jobby Varghese.I am from India.I am planing to apply for "Norwegian for Skilled Worker" visa.could you please advice me about my decision.As I have no idea about Norway.I have completed Diploma in Electrical Engineering and more than 10 years experience in Oil and Gas Industrial,it is possible to get new job in Norway.Please throw some light on -

Thanks And Regards
Jobby Varghese

Please read through the posts here first for information. The biggest hurdle will be language.

Hi Jobby Varghese,

Welcome to Expat.com!

A new topic has been created as from your post on the Norway forum.

Considering the brief description in your CV it should be possible.
I do recommend going through a pre-existent company eventually, it would make things much easier and safer.
The oil industry is currently slowing down but there should still be open positions.
I think the statoil website should be your first step.

It is also advisable that while you are preparing to do your move here is to study the language as it plays an important role in the employment field here.

Because the possibility of getting a job while inside Norway depends on knowing their language, you may find aome international companies but the kanguage would increase your chance.

Another thing that you can do is what was suggested by another member, to search for an established company you may do this my extensive research and may apply online depending on your agreement with them and if you are lucky aome company will not immediately require you to know the language if your skills and experience is in their great need.

Haiiiiiiii
             Thanks for your reply.i applied Norway company's still no positive reply. any other position.kindly advice me.
Regards
Jobby Varghese

Hai.......
        Thanks for your reply.kindly tell me how i apply Norway language course. it is possible to do the work also.please advice me

I recommend you improve your english and give some information about your specific skills first.
Unless you know norwegian or have very specific skillsets applying is more or less a waste of time.

Hai..
      I am an Electrical (Diploma in Electrical Engineering)professional with more than Ten years of experience in Construction,commissioning,operation& maintenance.

I'm not sure, how the employer will assess your diploma. Is it equivalent to a university degree (bachelor)? Diploma degrees vary from country to country and with no international standard they are often not recognized. You want to work in a so called 'regulated profession' and probably need authorization  from the national electrical safety authority (dsb.no). I would contact them for more accurate information.

Haiiiiiii
                 Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering (3-years Full Time Polytechnic Diploma) from Board of Technical Education.this on international standard education.

Oil and Gas industry in Norway is going through restructuring due to oil prices.  Many of the companies are retrenching staff to cut cost in order to be the "last man standing"  when oil prices pick up.  The chances of getting a new job in this industry in Norway is fairly slim.  I suggest that you broaden your scope and start looking into other industries as well.

Do not ask me which industry to look for because I dont know. Google is your best friend.  Start looking at the top industries in Norway and go into it.

As far as I know, most of the electrical engineering people I know  in Norway holds very high academic qualification, e.g.   Master and Phd.  I am unsure if a Diploma will be sufficient to get you a job.

If you google norwegian classes in Norway, Google will give you some results on the schools available.  Like I said, GOOGLE is your best friend.

Thanks for your reply.

Hello,
I am Ikbal from Bangladesh. I got admission at university of nordland....master of science in business.....is it possible to get part time job there while studing??? please help me out.......thanks in advance...:)

Hi Ikbal,

first of all you have to clarify if your study visa allows you to work and if, how many hours. UDI should be able to answer that question. It is not advisable to work illegally since Norway and Norwegians take a tough stand on that.

I have no idea about the job situation in Bodø, but you can always look under NAV. no and finn.no. for jobs.
And, as mentioned on this forum often before, speaking Norwegian improves your chances exponentially.

Good luck!

Hi Clue
Thanks for your reply...
Students can do job for 20 hrs per week......Actually I want to hear from someone who lives in Nordland.....

hasansparrow wrote:

Hi Clue
Thanks for your reply...
Students can do job for 20 hrs per week......Actually I want to hear from someone who lives in Nordland.....

University of Nordland is in Bodø.......

I have a friend living in Bodø.  She is a foreigner with a Business degree from Australia and understand Norwegian.  According to her, Bodø is a very small city and very little jobs for her.   She used to live in Oslo and work in Oslo.  She was truly shocked over the lack of jobs for her.  In the end, she needs to study specialized courses again in order to gain the qualification for teaching jobs in Bodø.

if you wish to come here and work you will have to speak Norwegian first