Divorce

Hi there,
I need some advise.  I have met an Egyptian man on a dating site.  He said he was divorced.  After a few months I found out that he in fact was still married and his wife was pregnant.  I was in total disbelief that he did not tell me the truth and that his wife was pregnant. In all the time we Skyped each other she was never in their home.  He told me she had gone back to her parents. If I knew this I would NEVER have continued this relationship. He is a Christian.
He informed me that when she was 3 months pregnant they had papers drawn up to say once the baby was born she will sign said papers to dissolve their marriage according to Egyptian law.  Is this correct?  All of this was only discovered the day the poor woman gave birth. 
Unfortunately there are feelings involved but I am prepared to walk away for the sake of the child.  Please I need urgent advise on what I have been told by this man according to the divorce law of a pregnant woman.

Very sorry to hear another sad story...

As he is christian he can not get a divorce easily, actually it is almost impossible. And why should she divorce him as soon as the baby is born?
Imho he is telling you lies. And that is never a good start for a serious relationship.

Good luck to you, Fransina!

Caty

Thanks so much Caty

I agree totally with caty in cairo, she said what i was going to say!!
Take care and good luck to you.

you must determine your true feeling

Hi Francina,

From my unbiased perspective, the known facts should guide you.

1.You have already expressed your shock at not being told the truth.

2. The fact that he found it necessary to lie confirms his knowledge that the truth would end the relationship.

3. Egyptian law is not the issue, living with a proven liar is,

Good luck.

Alan.

Thank you all for the comments. I am so conflicted.  Last night over Skype he asked me to give him 2 weeks to short his problems out.  Today his wife has moved back into their home which is good for the kids.  They need both parents.  Each time we talk he still professes his love for me.  I don't know what to do?  Is he just saying all of this just to keep me or does he really love me?  I find this situation extremely difficult because today I had to admit to myself that I really do love him.  I know I must let go for the kids but will they be better off in a house where the parents don't love each other or a home where both are happy in different homes. He said he wanted to come to me with a clean slate,  after he had divorced her and was going to tell me in-person.  I have asked the almighty to help me and guide me in the right direction.

dearest, i first congratulate u for also having plans for d worst  but first and formost ,i must be sincear with u, u see d word LOVE, it a powerful word and can generate from anyway, its a natural feeling ordained byGOD and could be uncontrolable. like i said earlier, love can exist from nowhere eg u ll see some in a serious relationship or already married finding themselves inlove with another person, but if u ask anyone, they ll say abomination or aram, its not a bad idear, atimes issues like dis occure because its meant to be or d person who is hooked up already and still  finds his nor her self inlove with another, might be dat, d relationship their in presnt ly its a wrong one, but they dont know but gods knows. so therest, who ever is in wrong relationship, come wat may, be it their married with kids or wat ever, if they re not meant to be, it can never be. am not supporting d man, dont get me wrong but evrything in life needs wisdom  and carfulness. thank d man mention somtin like a woman being pregnant for him, atleast, he told u 20percent thruth. so my there, in a sutuation like this, i ll advise u, wat u need nw, is to borrow more pride with d one u have b4 never swallo any, show him dat u re not priceless, has in let him know u re really hurt and desapointed. 1st act like its over, tel him ur mind, if he cares to listen and stay away for some time, maybe, wat u heard is true and may be not ok, and hav no regrets GOD nos about all things. if u ll giv him second chance, its up to u, if he deserves it. pertaining lies, all men lie anyway, so dats not new, but never tel him dat. consider d fact dat, u can meet bacvhelor and yet, he s a monster, but if dis man is good, u hav pease wit him, stop lookin 4 wat s not lost pls. u re welcme.                ANNE.

Question for you:

How can you love a man who you met online and never in real life?

Are u kidding me, my goodness, dis is love we re talking about here and not nothing. they say, love knows no boundry and guess wat, online is even more familier, i love someone , i ve never seen b4 in mylife so far he appriciate and respect me for who i am. ANNE.

Fransina wrote:

Thank you all for the comments. I am so conflicted.  Last night over Skype he asked me to give him 2 weeks to short his problems out.  Today his wife has moved back into their home which is good for the kids.  They need both parents.  Each time we talk he still professes his love for me.  I don't know what to do?  Is he just saying all of this just to keep me or does he really love me?  I find this situation extremely difficult because today I had to admit to myself that I really do love him.  I know I must let go for the kids but will they be better off in a house where the parents don't love each other or a home where both are happy in different homes. He said he wanted to come to me with a clean slate,  after he had divorced her and was going to tell me in-person.  I have asked the almighty to help me and guide me in the right direction.

He has already proven to you that he is a liar and a cheat.   
Give up as this is going to go nowhere and will eventually see you making a wrong decision that you will regret for the rest of your life. 

I have to agree with the post from Primadonna.

I also agree with Primadonna.

I too met my wife on the internet and was very interested but certainly not in love. How can love be established without personal interaction ?

He may well possess attributes that will allow love to flourish. Alternatively, he may be a drunkard, wife beater, adulterer and a litany of other negatives (He has already established himself as a liar).. At this stage you don't know him.  You only know him by what he allows you to know.

I suspect you are in love with the idea of love and are subsequently heading for a ruined life. DUMP HIM !!!

Put yourself  first always . Give  yourself  time .do not ask  others  about   Matters  of  your  heart  only  you  him  and  god  can  judge 
Others  are   Tainted by  their  experiences
And  bitter  at  times .so  do  yourself  a  favour  spend  time   Alone  because  it is  then  you  will  find   Yourself 
And  your  heart  will  continue  lo  love
Even  apart through   Eternity
At  least  you  have  loved
Take   Care  of  you
Joann

Simply avoid him and keep away. Never not good things come on lies
Philip

I don't think it's important what the law says about divorce. The most important thing is he lied to you in a big way and this is what you should consider. Even if they divorced could you trust him again. Many times the wives know what the husband is doing, it is a way to get money to improve their lives or for visa out of Egypt. Egyptian men have a bad reputation for using and scamming foreign women so be careful. My advice forget him, you only met him on Skype and words mean nothing, you will meet someone else in time. Walk away as you could never trust him again, protect yourself. If you go on Facebook you will find many groups for support for foreign women who have been scammed by love rats...go and look. Sharm El Sheikh blacklist and Hurghada Blacklist are two of them, just do a search for egyptian blacklists or scams, they have photo's in many of them. Caty is right Christian Egyptians don't divorce here and why did he not divorce first before he starts looking for a new love,    is this Christianity or a good way to behave. Good luck to you but walk away from this man.

Hello, I am sorry to say that I think his words are not true. Christians cannot divorce by just signing papers. It is almost impossible to get a church divorce in Egypt for Christians. There are very strict rules and it will be very hard for this man (having just a new child) to get approval for divorce as he has to meet certain criteria to get a church divorce.
he can separate rom his wife unofficially, but it would be impossible for him to marry again. Here in Egypt, our traditions are against the 2nd marriage, especially that it is written in the Bible, that anyone who marries a divorced sins.
My advise to you, eave hi, he is not honset and there are 1000 others..

My advice is that this Egyptian man has a clear target with you as long as he is married and a baby in his way, this is a christian marriage and in Egypt they can't get divorced easily or is almost impossible. let's consider the happy case that he really loves you: this relationship will never take place or will last soon. In Egypt is different than any other part of this world. If I were you I could forget him till now as this Earth has un infinite other ones better than him. Don't cry a river, is just a screen in front of you.Cheer up.

Wow, we have done this divorce matter to death. Can we please move on to another subject ?

Alan4406 wrote:

Wow, we have done this divorce matter to death. Can we please move on to another subject ?

:up: i started to feel that Egypt forum is only about divorce :D

@ Fransina > I think that you have already obtain all information from the members, isn't it? Might be a good idea to close it now please?

Thank you for reverting back to me.

Priscilla