Medical Check up

I came in Bahrain in Nov'14 on Employment Visa.
I've recd my CR Card and My Visa is also stamped for 1 year.
I've still not done Medical as per the requirement as I could not make it to the centre for the first time.
Now I want to avoid going for this Medical Check due to huge rush, then in that case what are the repercussions if I don't do it as I 've already received my card.

Since you already have your CPR card and work visa sorted out, you could avoid the medical.

Not sure what the repercussions are. You could check with your employers just in case they are aware of something that we don't. On the face of it, I don't think it is needed now :)

Thanks Farhaz, I m also thinking the same to avoid that torturous procedure.

Farhaz wrote:

Since you already have your CPR card and work visa sorted out, you could avoid the medical.

Not sure what the repercussions are. You could check with your employers just in case they are aware of something that we don't. On the face of it, I don't think it is needed now :)

avoiding the medical check up will cause any trouble ?

The purpose of the medical is to get the visa and CPR and all of that - but if you have it...I don't know?

I do know I came in and had my visa ready, and got my CPR 3 weeks later.  I thought I had avoided the medical but about 7 weeks into my stay I was informed by my employer it was time to get it done.  Not sure if was needed, but went and had it taken care of anyway.

The whole purpose of medical test is to apply for the VISA/CPR and its the companies responsibility for the same. So if your not taking a medical test that means the company has some work arounds, and i don't feel it is right. So be on the safer side ask your company why the test was not a part of the visa process, if a company has a valid response then well and good, if the the response is fishy then i hope the company does not get into trouble in the future.

Same happened with me.  I got the visa and the CPR without getting the medical done (Got it done later).  However, you DO have to get it done as if you miss the date and after a period of time (it varies), the employer gets a reminder from the authorities.  In one case, a colleague DID get his medical done (but not from Al-Razi but a private clinic) which wasn't uploaded into the system properly.  After some time, we got a reminder which we missed and then our access to LMRA was blocked and we had to get him to go and redo the medical.