Moving to Abu Dhabi with 49,500 AED/month, is it a good deal?

Hello Friends,
My husband got an offer in abu dhabi for AED 49,500/month, with other allowances excluding the package like car maintenance: AED 3,500/month, Housing & furnishings: AED 40,550/year, entertainment & recreation: AED 3,200/month, travel & events: AED 4,489/month. and a paid leave of 2 months yearly. We are a family of 3, we two and a 2 months infant. Is it a good package for living a happy life? Can we save some money after excluding all the basic expenses? I would be grateful to get your suggestions and comments.

Hello Preetha89 and welcome to Expat.com

For having a good comparison of your salary, please browse through the threads in our Cost of Living in Abu Dhabi section of the forum.

You got a pretty good deal

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

This is excellent deal and you will have luxury life and u can save lots of money too...
Welcome to Abu dhabi ....

If it sounds too good to be true, then that's probably because it's not true.

Before you start packing your bags, have you independently verified that this job really exists, that it's not just a scam? Something even as simple as a Google check on the company  or agency you get the offer through can even prevent disaster....   something like "xyz corporation scams" or "acme abc ltd complaints" will bring back surprising results. ALWAY find out the company's real/official website domain name and contact the company directly and confirm a job offer. If it's legitimate they'll tell you, and if it's a scam they'll be glad to have heard from you. Don't be fooled by fake "look-alike" websites, many scammers go to great lengths and even create webpages that are almost exact copies of official websites. Always look at the URL very carefully.

What does your husband do for a living???? Is he a company president or something like that? The monthly salary you're quoting is many times the average salary of very skilled workers. BE CAREFUL

How did this offer come to you? Was it an unsolicited e-mail, or was it a job that he actually applied for? If it's an e-mailed offer then it's probably all a scam. Legitimate companies don't send out e-mailed job offers. Also be very cautious of e-mails that originate from free e-mail service providers such as outlook, hotmail, yahoo, gmail, etc., because legitimate companies NEVER use them, they'll all have their own websites and domain name, so e-mails from a legitimate company will have an e-mail address that corresponds to the domain name.

Are they asking you to pay any advanced fees in order to secure the job? Asking for money up front is ALWAYS the sign of a scam. Recruitment agencies that are legitimate get paid by the employers, not the prospective employee. If anyone asks for money, turn and run.

Cheers,
James
Expat-blog Experts Team

Deal is great.  But as said above, your husband has to carefully verify the Company's presence and background.  Reason is there is too much of job scam going around.  Take care.

Yes.  This is a very good deal.  However, please verify whether it is legitimate. Before we moved here, we were sent 2 offers for my husband that were fraudulent.  I don't know what he does for a living, but that is quite a high salary.  My husband and I, both degreed professionals and working full time, do not make that much at all.

The housing allowance is low, but the pay is very good, so you will find that you will probably have to dip into your salary for housing. Understand that most landlords expect one year's rent to be paid up-front. The company I worked for actually leased the the housing that its employees chose in its name.

Also consider that school tuition is fairly high. Most companies will subsidize that cost to some extent.

I would like to work in abudhabi if i get opportunity bcoz my economic condition is weak that's why

Yes it a good offer ...you will be able to save a lot....

Huge salary and relatively small housing allowance, as well as 2 months vacation a year? One month is normal.

What sort of job is that, which company etc? PM me if you dont want to say in public.

If you get that, it would be a very nice deal but it doesn't seem correct to me. Seems suspicious, just me being cautious probably but better to investigate.