Traffic week- Drivers, Be extra Careful

Hello Everyone :D

I come to you today bearing foreboding stories and cautionary tales; gather around the camp fire...

---

today at around 7AM I was pulled over by a policeman in dense traffic, he asked to see my licence and registration, which he confiscated and asked me to go to Salmiya Police Station. Mind you this was in Hawally, near BBS roundabout. I asked what did i do wrong, and he simply said, go there and you will find out.

I get to SPS and what to my wondering eyes should appear, but several other people sans their licences and registration. i had a hard time finding out where i had to go, so if you are ever pulled over, first thing you do is write down the guys patrol car # and try to grab their name/ badge # (found on their shoulder).

so, many a soul were caught with me; first thing i did was shoot an email to my manager letting him know i was gonna be late and to send someone from HR if possible, I had a horrific experience with a friend who was pulled over and almost got deported, so i was taking no chances.

by 8:30AM the cop showed up and asked any that he had brought in to follow him, as i had spoken to him, i recognized him. 90% of the people he stopped, including me, were caught for this most vile crime:

stickers.

not religious. not political. just stickers.

the fine was 5KD, however, they were going to impound our vehicles. you were expected to pay the fine in Jabriya (which fortunately is right across the pedestrian bridge from where I live) then go collect your vehicle from Shuwaikh. even tho I was pulled over in hawally mind you.

AND - since it was thursday, you would have to wait till sunday to pick up your car.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have had my car for 5 years now, bought it from the dealership, tattooed it with stickers to make it stick out vs. other red kia sportages out there, and have had the registration renewed at the DMV 3 times now. not once was i failed for the stickers.

as it is traffic week next week, be on the look out. if you have any stickers, take it from me, it is NOT worth the hassle.

Sorry that you have been trough this eh... experience.

Is it not allowed to have (a) sticker(s) on an car?

according to their website, no it is not. but it is a very minor offence that happens amidst a million other more severe transgressions. the punishment does not fit the crime.

they could simply say, get the stickers removed then come here and get your licence, pay the fine etc. they want to make the lives of people difficult for some reason.

Welcome to Kuwait :)
Usually they over reacting during traffic.