Want to share experiences

Hi everyone, am hoping to buy an apartment in Valencia (city) this year and will be making some trips over to explore areas.  Would be delighted to connect with anyone who is thinking likewise or has already made the leap and would be happy to share experiences.  I'm intending to split my time between UK and Valencia before relocating completely if everything works out.  Please feel free to pm me  :)

Hi fizz,
I can't find your original message. I'm such a Luddite.
But I'd like to help. Send your questions. We have a wide network of friends who can help, too.

lol Rozflans  :)  I will pm you again and include my email address, then you can contact me either way (There is a little envelope icon top right hand side of the page when you're logged in which will take you to your private messages).  Look forward to being in touch.... and thanks for the offer of help, much appreciated...

Hi Sherbertfizz,

In order to help you to talk freely with the other members, i have created a new topic with your post on the Valencia forum for more visibility and interaction with the other members.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

Hi! have also tried to PM you, but not sure whether I was excepted from you to PM you? anyway, I have a small relocation agency. Check "www.moving2valencia.eu" or FB. Can help with lots of things you will come across. Lot of free good advice too about neighborhoods, things (not) to do, etc :-) ! Good luck with the preparations!!

Hi Chrine, thanks for responding, not sure why you couldn't pm me as I accepted you as a contact yesterday.  No matter, I'll check out the website.  I haven't got a date for coming out yet due to work commitments, but as soon as I do, or if I think of any questions after looking at your website, I'll let you know.  Feels great to start making connections here  :)

:-)
Thats just because I don't see where I can PM you...Maybe you PM me, and we are connected..?!
Valencia is great, especially now during Fallas. You will like it here and there are also FB pages such as "expats in valencia" where you can meet more (almost) expats..or do you know "internations" ?! Hasta pronto!

To use the PM system go to the envelope icon at the top of the page and  click on it. Then type is the user name of the person you wish to contact, write the message and send.
If for some reason it does not work then go to the bottom of this page and click on contact us and let the team know what the problem is.

Am doing a similar thing soon from the U.S. to Spain. Am likely going to end up on Mallorca but was thinking of starting in Valencia to begin with. Feel free to chat as you like.

Steven

Hi Steve, for sure you will stay in Valencia :-) Nice city and lots of activities. Beach, mountains, nice climate and ..on the mainland ;-) also check & like my Facebook page moving2valencia & FB page "expats in valencia". Hope to see you soon in paella-town! PS Valencia now "in Fallas": check this funny link to link about this great Festival: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXAPqccKXKA

Hi Steven

Hey you're from Portland - what a great city.  Was there for the first time a couple of years ago and of all the places on the west side that I visited, it was absolutely my favourite.  Very fond memories of Voodoo Donuts!  I'll be posting updates when I have a visit scheduled.  Good luck with your plans...

Yes, VooDoo is an interesting place......LOL  Glad you enjoyed it.  Portland is a great city but I still have interest in living abroad, at least for part of the year, perhaps half or more.  Just have to fine tune weather some and options. I need to visit Valencia, Mallorca and Barcelona for sure.  I like the fact that Valencia is sitting right on the beach...LOL
Thanks for the reply as well.

Steven

Woohoo!  Have booked my flights, arr VLC 18 April, dep 28 April.  Anyone who is already there and would like to meet up, please get in touch.  I shall be exploring the neighbourhoods and viewing properties and would love to meet some residents who are up for sharing an Agua de Valencia or three....  SO excited  :D

Congrats !!  How exciting ! Be safe and enjoy the look.

good for you! Check the Meetup page & internations for that period. Normally internations has a wine/tapas night last Thursday of the month..If you can't find it PM me and I will give you some details or we set up a date where we can meet up ;-)