KITAS Processing time...

Tom, the visa agent/attorney I am referring to is PT Bali Ide.  While they don't have an office in Jakarta they do have agents located there (as well as in Singapore) that they use, and they've been at this game for over twenty years.

The company is owned and headed up by a very well known woman, who is also an attorney, and she is at wits end with what is going on. 

A further complication is that the staff at both immigration and manpower has changed so radically that old time and reliable contacts in those offices no longer exist. 

It's a real mess Tom, the likes of which nobody who has been around for a long time can recall ever experiencing before.

Roy, I understand your points.

What is the owner now planning to do next ?

Her clients getting nervous because until now they wait for the permits/KITAS, 20 years in the business sounds good but one needs to look ahead and must be up to date especially since there are so many serious changes lately and on top of it she has no choice and must cooperate with another agent in Jakarta.

And who knows, the agent is maybe not that good as he should be. It's tru also that staff has changed inside Immigration and Manpower but also the whole system (online registration, ID etc) and this is another big problem.

It's just my personal thought Roy, don't get me wrong, but if I am one of those clients waiting and waiting for months and nothing much happening, I would at least try and talk to another agent.

Tom, do you know any folks in Jakarta that are getting their KITAS and IMTAs in just 4 to 6 weeks? 

I don't see this as Bali Ide's problem, rather I see this as a problem within immigration and manpower, most likely coming from a panic over the soon to be effective ASEAN agreement.

But in the end, aside from my compassion for fellow expats...I honestly don't give a flip as none of this is applicable in my case.   

Cheers!

Hi Roy, of course nobody will get a KITAS and IMTA  in 4-6 weeks time. About 2- 3 months it will take these days, but you said before that some guy is waiting since September last year respectively submitted the docs that time and still don't have it.

So something must be not alright.

Anyway it's always good sharing the infos here.... ;)

"So something must be not alright."

You bet something is not alright...immigration and manpower are purposefully stalling and delaying new applications, AND renewals. 

There is no discussion about where the problem lies, that is self-evident, and that is why even the best agent is as helpless as the applicant.

lukereg wrote:

Tom, this is happening all over the place. As I put previously "Getting the telext and stamp in the passport is one thing but getting Immigration to make your Kitas is another."

There are hold ups all over the place. I have now been told I have to have a medical check up as part of the kitas process but no one knows why, where or when or what kind. But this is at the start of the process for me, not even got to the telext stage yet. I am in deep trouble over the health check, what being in two minds over things, often heartless and have a tendency to turn a blind eye as well my funny bone losing its sense of humour. I will tell them I was bitten by a werewolf but I'm alright noooowl  :D

Luke, I found this clip where they mention about HIV test for English teacher.....

http://finance.yahoo.com/video/indonesi … 06581.html

Thanks Tom but I am not if thats meant to cheer me up or not or even help.

Does anyone have any idea about Senior level meeting of Immigration Dept. to discuss whether RPTKA should be approved or not? Is this normal process?

The missing documents have been accepted and verified.

It is Ministry of Manpower who decides whether RPTKA will be approved or not.

It's true that the officials will have a final look before and only then decide to grant a work permit or not. If they are not convinced or think that the position can be occupied by a local worker then there is the possibility that they don't accept.

Can you tell what will be your title/position in the company ?

Bear in mind even if all documents have been submitted and accepted it does not automatically mean the RPTKA is accepted as well.

Software Manager

Software Manager is stated in the RPTKA ?

Yes in application, Software Manager/Solution Consultant

I am not sure if software manager/solution consultant is a position/job title one can apply for.

As far as I know you can not get anymore a new work permit as consultant.....but I might be wrong.

However, there are many factors taken into consideration.

Its like this "Software Engineering Manager, Solution Architect"

Never heard about "solution architect" as a position one can apply for.

But this is only one thing, as said before that there various other issues they look into.

How big is the company ?
Is it local PT or PMA ?
Is there enough capital stated in the AKTE ?
How many local workers are employed ?
How many expats working for the company ?
etc....

just an update, Expose meeting with MOMT went well last Monday...MOMT officials told RPTKA will be issued soon but no timelines still.....

Thanks for the update.

Hopefully now all running smooth

Thanks Happy Hour...Still need to listen from MOMT...

No one have idea how much usually time taken after Expose meeting..

It may can take 2 weeks to get RPTKA acceptance after the Expose but sometimes it can be earlier, just need to be patient nothing much you can do

Its more than 2 weeks now and no Update..However MOMT told the agent to approve by April end..
Seems some issue there...and worst part is you cant do anything other than wait...

Do anyone else experiencing delay in RPTKA after expose meeting?

Perhaps the Expose did not so go well as it was told to you ?

Difficult to give an idea if not knowing more background about the company......however, these days it is so difficult to get a work permit as we all know

In either case there must be some update....even if Expose meeting was not so good..

Just to give you background about company:
- Its a very big company and in Indonesia as PT
- Around 15-20 locals for now
- No expat as of now on payroll

Unfortunately you can not push these guys just have to wait for the outcome.

Of course it must be a PT otherwise they can not apply a work permit for foreign nationals. So it's obviously a local company, not a PMA. If there are 15-20 local staff (including the owner/director), then it is actually not a big company.

I suspect that the delay has something to do with your job description respectively position the company is applying for.

Do anyone have list of Pre-approved job titles by MOMT?

With this one I can not help..... :unsure

When is the plan to start the work in Indonesia ?

As soon as i get Work permit...its already delayed :(

I tried to search on same but could not found the information....

Probably it still takes time until you get it......there are some more step to manage after RPTKA is approved  :blink:

Another issue will be that there are so many interviews at Depnaker that the agent needs to follow up about the status of the RPTKA application. In your case it is a new one so the company obviously did not have any before which again can cause more delay.

Even if the agent said that the expose went well still the head of the RPTKA section is the one who may think differently.

Just wait for the visa or leave and find somewhere else who needs you. The whole debacle sucks.

I got my RPTKA yesterday :)
Hope everything smooth now

Congratulations then.... :cool:

Just want to give update that RPTKA is valid for 1 year but date stamped is only for 6 months...

do anybody else also had same experience?

What exactly do you mean?

RPTKA should be valid 1 year......perhaps you mean that your work permit will be valid for 6 months and not for 1 year

No idea, but from Agent "RPTKA approval for 1 year but validity date is only valid for 6 months"  :)

Don't really get it now....

Sorry even am confused but below are the words from agent
"the official of the MOMT has granted the RPTKA approval for 01 year, although the validity date is only valid for 6months"

So it seems your work permit is valid for 6 months while the RPTKA is valid for 1 year if I am not wrong..."

Hi All,

Since Posting the first inquiry, I only receive the note that the TELEX has been sent to Singapore.  One question though, after they put a stamp on my passport, is there anything else to do or thats the end of the line?
BTW the reason that was relayed to me as why it took too long for the telex to be released was that within the time  they first post my application, the processing was shifted from Manual to virtual.. I do not know if this is true... Anyway I am just glad that I finally done with this "waiting game"...

It's not done yet.

You have to collect the telex in Singapore upon return you then need to submit your passport to the agent who handles your KITAS.

He then starts to arrange the KITAS und MERP. Few days later you will need to go to the Immigration for photo and fingerprints, your employer need to pay the USD 1.200 (if your work permit is granted for 12 months) DPKK funds to Depnaker.

Another few days later you should be able to get back your passport with the KITAS/MERP while agent is finalizing your IMTA (work permit).

Make sure you get copy of the telex which you will need to collect the same in Singapore also then you can see how long your permit is valid, if 12 months or less