Hi from a newbie, considering moving to Mauritus

Hi there,

Yes, considering moving to Mauritus and would love to hear from anyone who can spare the time to give any information that would help me with my dream.......I have researched a little on the Internet and fell across this site and thought it may help me. To be honest, this is only a decision made this week so there maybe someone out there that can help me start my deep search as there is obviously something that i have completely not thought about, and as you can imagine there are so many questions, and advice needed........

Thank you so much for reading this message and taking the time to reply

Regards Becksome

Hi Becksome

It's always a pleasure to hear that people from far horizons considering to move to Mauritius, and especially when this decision is spontaneous.

Depending on what your objectives and resources are, and also your profile the advice would be different.

I presume you would not to express yourself openly on the forum, especially if you are not so clear yourself.

Still, you will get many people in the expatblog community who would be keen to guide you and ... make your dreams become true.

Cheers;)

Vayid

Hi Vayid

firstly I would like to say thank you for your reply, and yes it is spontaneous. I am sorry for my profile i will go back and re edit it in due cause, it was just something quick that i wrote and I do appreciate your concerns. I have not been on one of these forums before, so with it all being so new to me I really didn't know what to put, and being in England all my life, never thinking i would consider leaving it, only for a holiday.

Being a little naive about these sites I was not sure what to ask, I suppose I was expecting some one to get the ball rolling so to speak and head me in my first considerations. Example - do I need much money behind me? I will have somewhere to live, but does that person need to nominate me, how easy is it to get a work permit, am I too old for one.......the list goes on....this is why I am unsure myself, as I said, its just happened this week and I really don't know where to start!

thanks Mandy

Hi Becksome,
Welcome to Expat.com!

First things first, you should read the Guide of life in Mauritius (and more particularly the page on visas) as well as the latest discussions on residence permits, work permits and occupational permits. This will give you an idea of what is required to reside in Mauritius.

You will then be able to narrow down your questions and come back here to receive answers.

Hope this helps!
Cheers
Arlette

Hi there Ras

Thanks for your welcoming me........and thank you so much for the info, that's a great start on my quest. Thanks for taking the time to reply I will certainly print off and read it!
Until I return

Many regards Mandy

Hi Leicester,

Welcome to Mauritius!!! we are all here to help you make your journey to Mauritius easier.

All the best.

Terence

Hi, and thank you for taking the time to reply.

I have printed off information given by Ras and there is a bit to read and take in.........hopefully I will be visiting at christmas time for a short holiday and discus my findings...and view your beautiful country......can't wait!

If I need to ask anything I will be back........but thanks for heading me in the right direction.

Regards Mandy

Hi Mandy

Surely Terrence would be of precious help in getting you good rates for the hotel during your stay here.

Just be informed that hotels are pretty booked during the December/January period, and as such an early booking would be advisable.

Just keep in touch for additional information.

Cheers

Vayid

Dear Vayid

You are right! No help at all......thanks for your concerns, but I have somewhere to stay, as stated previosly in my profile i think? it was all the other information that I require.

Regards