Services - seeking serious contacts in Cebu?

Hi ,
My name is Harry ,I have been living in Cebu for 5 years in a lovely subdivision on Mactan Island in Lapu Lapu . I have a small business here which is successful and a small business in the province in Turburan . It is also going well.
The one area I struggle with here is accessing good tradesmen or women when needed for prompt repairs . The air con maintenance ,car problems , electrical issues in home . Often the people who I seem to get are lacking in knowledge and skills and still go ahead with little understanding of the requirements ,last time air con man didn't know how to take cover off ,I had a flat battery in my car Kia set mechanic ,he had no jumper leads no additional battery ,I ended up buying them . The carpenter who I got through Filipino friend had no tools or ladder or equipt .I was expected to buy them .
I need some good advice on how to access good tradesmen who can come when they say ,not 1 day later or 6 hours late ( traffic sir ) . Anybody in Cebu got some god contacts .
Cheers ,
Harry

Marathon1946 wrote:

Anybody in Cebu got some god contacts .

The best God contacts are probably within the Catholic Church.
You might want to spell God with an uppercase G, some are sensitive about that.

Your problem seems to be a nationwide contagion such as is in "28 Weeks Later"...Example: Had a mechanic repair a separated shoe on my rear brake by gluing it on with super glue, painting it and bringing it back as a new part with a charge of over 2K...Two weeks later the shoe separates again, locks up the rear wheel which almost caused us to have a major accident....GOOD LUCK AND CHEERS MATE!!!

mugtech wrote:
Marathon1946 wrote:

You are the man mugtech...Best laugh I have had in months....

mugtech wrote:
Marathon1946 wrote:

haha. Good one.

Jw sensitive ! :)

Your last comment by mistake is properly true ,,,, you need a god contact !

You guys need to quit belly aching
You get what you pay for. Here just like the US and Europe there are Carpenter Unions and Electrician Unions. New car dealership is where you get qualified maintenance. Not someone a friend suggest.

You sound like ignorant stooges who can't understand why the more you dig the deeper you get.... Seriously?

STOP TRYING TO SAVE A DOLLAR. IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD TO LIVE IN COMFORT AND EASE HERE THEN LEAVE. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

Perhaps , local paper advertisement , or advertise " possible future job prospect " then have interviews , ask them to bring relative paperwork , and make a personal list of nearby people you can call on !

The mechanic was sent by Kia ,new car only done 17,000,km ,still under warranty ,let me assure Mr magnificent this ain't a bitch it's a genuine complaint which I would initiate in any country in the world ,get of your high horse and try to think a little more objectively Scotty ( im great at fitting in stooge )

Seriously ,just for A/ C maintenance .