Student Visa/Resident Permit for Germany

Hi!

I plan to move to Germany in a few months - initially I will enroll at a language school and after completing C1/C2, I hope to register at uni. Before leaving my home country, I will already have a provisional letter from the university. I have been told that I will initially get a 3 months visa from the embassy and once in Germany, I should register and extend/renew my permit. Do you guys know how long I will be given then?

tanuj wrote:

Hi!

I plan to move to Germany in a few months - initially I will enroll at a language school and after completing C1/C2, I hope to register at uni. Before leaving my home country, I will already have a provisional letter from the university. I have been told that I will initially get a 3 months visa from the embassy and once in Germany, I should register and extend/renew my permit. Do you guys know how long I will be given then?

Hi tanuj,

welcome to the forum!
You can extend your initial 'Visum zur Studienbewerbung' (student applicant visa) for another 3 month.  During this period you should apply for the regular 'Visum zu Studienzwecken'  (student visa). This is the link:
study-in.de/en/plan-your-studies/requirements/visa-and-residence-permit_26604.php