New to Amsterdam

hello everyone, my name is sheik, i have recently moved to amsterdam from the UK on a 1 year contract that is likely to be extended, i am contractor so i have lots of experience in not being home shall we say, but never on a contract this long, i am hoping to meet people to hang around with I was born in england and raised in the middle east but my parents are mauritian.

I am 35 so hoping to meet people in my age bracket in a similar situation or anyone really :)

Hi sheik,
Nice to meet you here and great that you are introducing yourself!

I'm Rachel, living in Santpoort-Noord and just a tiny bit older than you  :shy  I've lived in many other countries, also the UK. I lived for a year in Cardiff while I worked in Llanwern and Port Talbot.
Where in the UK did you move from?
But you say ''contracted'' does that mean you kept your house in case you return? Or maybe you are moving to other new countries.

You say you are used to living away from home, and even if I lived in many countries, it is still different each time.
Every culture is different, as well as habits and customs and....the language.
I learned so much each time, it's such a great experience! :)
And if you are staying minimum one year, I assume you do want to integrate and socialize and learn more about this culture?
Are you living in the city?

Well....anyway, this is a great place to start!
Please keep posting or writing or ask questions!  :top:

Thank you!

Rachel