Visa for mother & family

Hello

Dear friend,

first of all your forum is very informative and helping people in a great way.

I am going to join a job soon in Muscat Oman, After reading your blogs I came to know that what documents are required for family joining visa for my wife & kids and what is the process but I need your guidance regarding the permanent visa for my mother.

What is the visa policy and document requirement to bring my mother permanently to Oman as she is dependent on me.

Is it necessary to get the attestation of my marriage certificate, birth certificate from Omaan embassy in my home country or attestation from MOFA Pakistan will be enough.

Family joining visa can be applied only after 6 months or any possibility to get visa before 6 months.

in other case can I get visit visa for my wife, kids and mother ASAP after getting my labore card.

I will be very kind for your help in this regard.

Friends need ur kind replies :)

zeekhilji wrote:

Friends need ur kind replies :)

Dear sumitran I need your valuable support, plz guide me.

What is the visa policy and document requirement to bring my mother permanently to Oman as she is dependent on me.

You can apply the resident permit of your parents (Mother) by providing your birth certificate, her national documents and probably attested ones.

Is it necessary to get the attestation of my marriage certificate, birth certificate from Omaan embassy in my home country or attestation from MOFA Pakistan will be enough.

Yes, u need to get the attestation of the above documents from Oman embassy as well as the MOFA.

Family joining visa can be applied only after 6 months or any possibility to get visa before 6 months.

Generally, as per the Omani law, a person is eligible to apply for family visa after completion of 6 months, however yes, there are some cases where people have been able to obtain the same before that too.

Dear Schaz thanks for ur kind reply, so if I didnt get the permanent visa then can I get  visit visa for wife and mother immediately after getting labore card.

2ndly my recruiter is asking for original degree for visa process, is it a standard practice.

zeekhilji wrote:

Dear Schaz thanks for ur kind reply, so if I didnt get the permanent visa then can I get  visit visa for wife and mother immediately after getting labore card.

2ndly my recruiter is asking for original degree for visa process, is it a standard practice.

Yes, but take an acknowledgement of reciept of the original document from the employer.

Visit visa of the family can b obtained easily..

Thanks bro May God bless u

Hi zeekhilji,

schaz has already responded to your queries. However let me add my thoughts as well ...

Dependent visas have to be renewed every 2 years, along with the employment visa renewal of the primary visa holder. There is no such thing as a permanent visa - for any expatriate.

Family joining visa is restricted only to the wife and kids. Parents are no longer included in this category. But as is the case always, there could be exceptions to this rule. Best would be for you to check with your local employer for clarity.

The 6-month waiting period rule is very much in place - even though there has been published newspaper reports on the contrary. In fact in today's (Tuesday, February 24, 2015) Times of Oman the same has been clearly and categorically stated. Then again, exceptions do exist. Your employer / company PRO wold be the best person to advice you on this.

Visit visa can be taken for your family on your arrival. But your employer has to give his consent for that.

It is never advisable for you to part with your original educational / other bona fide certificates. It is too risky a thing to do.

Lastly, this is a purely voluntary forum, with no compulsion or obligation for members to respond to queries pronto.

Good luck.

Thank you sumitran for your valuable feedback. In fact my mother is dependent on me and i cant left her alone if getting visa for her is an impossible procedure.

plz guide me, if I get family visit visa and it get expires after 3+1 month then the new family visit visa can be applied immediately ?

Regarding the Original degree requirement I am worried too and dont want to send him the Originals, but when I refused to send him then he said it is the requirement of Omani authorities and we can not get visa without showing original degrees.

regards

I would like to clarify a thing on this topic.
Am having employment visa in Oman which is going to expire this month. My wife and kid is having family visa expiring in october 2015.. Since march 2014 my wife and kid is in India. Will their visa be expired after 6 months of non enrty to Oman? If so, can it be renewed along with my visa renewal?

zeekhilji wrote:

Thank you sumitran for your valuable feedback. In fact my mother is dependent on me and i cant left her alone if getting visa for her is an impossible procedure.

plz guide me, if I get family visit visa and it get expires after 3+1 month then the new family visit visa can be applied immediately ?

Regarding the Original degree requirement I am worried too and dont want to send him the Originals, but when I refused to send him then he said it is the requirement of Omani authorities and we can not get visa without showing original degrees.

regards

Hi zeekhilji,

I understand your predicament, but I guess rules are rules. Suggest you speak with your prospective employer to see if they can suggest some way around.

One thing you must know about Oman is that no rule is really carved on stone. The authorities keep changing, amending, revising and tweaking the rules on an almost regular basis. So there you go ... you do have some hope !

No, lately you will not be allowed to reapply for a visit visa immediately after one exit. There is a certain waiting period.

I don't know if it is a new directive by the authorities that for issuing of all employment visas original certificates have to be produced. Earlier, it used to be only attested certificates. Unfortunately you have no other choice but to listen to what your local employer is stating as only they would be aware of all on-ground developments - and mind you, they can change from case to case.

Good luck.

nixz4u wrote:

I would like to clarify a thing on this topic.
Am having employment visa in Oman which is going to expire this month. My wife and kid is having family visa expiring in october 2015.. Since march 2014 my wife and kid is in India. Will their visa be expired after 6 months of non enrty to Oman? If so, can it be renewed along with my visa renewal?

Hi nixz4u,

Family / Dependent visa's validity os 2 years from the date of issue - irrespective of whether the visa holder is in the Sultanate of not.

Obviously, your wife and child would have to return to Oman before it expires if they want to renew the visas.

For any Technical / Engineering and related jobs, producing the original degree is essential. I have come to know that most of the "Engineering status" visas are granted based on producing the original degrees to the immigration.

The reason behind this is basically many of the small scale employers, earlier hired ordinary technicians on the "Engineering Visas" which impacted negative on certain rules and regulations. It's quite mandatory now to submit the original degrees in order to obtain the right status.

However, an acknowledgement of receipt must be taken as you're handing over a document, your life depends upon !!!

Mr.Zeekhilji

No idea of Original Certificate Required by the  Omani authorities but My Prospective employer, got my certificate(OG) then only they start my Visa process & Hold my Certificates.

Thanks sumitran and schaz for your kind and detailed replies.

Thanks a lot for the info.

Hi

I have started working few months back , now my mother has come on visit visa here , is there possibility to take resident visa for her , i would like to have a real help please .

I have 1year old kid and i want somebody to take care of her when i am not there

pls advise and help

As per the latest rules, only a "MALE" can apply for the resident permit for family, that includes wife, 2 kids and parents.

A "Female", even having a work visa can not apply for the family joining for her parents (And even husband). You can further confirm with your company's PRO.

Nevertheless, there are very few exceptions that have been witnessed but on AAA ranked companies.

Harisha123 wrote:

Hi

I have started working few months back , now my mother has come on visit visa here , is there possibility to take resident visa for her , i would like to have a real help please .

I have 1year old kid and i want somebody to take care of her when i am not there

pls advise and help

Hi Harisha123,

While officially it is not allowed to sponsor the in-laws any longer, there are certain exceptions as schaz has rightly pointed out.

Speak to your employer and consult with your PRO on how you can circumvent the issues. For anything official, your employer must give his clearance. Without employers approval and recommendations nothing is possible. So first discuss your concerns with your employer and let them drive the case on your behalf. In any case, as an expatriate employee by yourself there is nothing you can do with things official.

Good luck.