More information on accommodation in Miri, West Malaysia

It seems that the Expat.com & it's subheadings seem to concentrate too much on KL and what goes on there. It would be beneficial to me and I suggest a lot of other interested parties that a 'Slot in the Forum' be allocated specifically to Borneo, West Malaysia.
What is also important is the information supplied should be for people who, like me require a place to stay ie accommodation & places that can attract a visitor to that part of Malaysia.
If there is a member of this 'expatblog' in Miri or anywhere local to Miri they would be a great help in supplying useful information to those who want to visit.

manofaction42 - First, and foremost, the forum is not some official information source, just waiting to answer your burning questions.

Actually its all about people who find Expat-Blog and sign up (like you have just done) and if people are interested in anything about EAST MALAYSIA (you need to check your geography out) they can post under "Malaysia" which is available generally to every member to mention anything to do with the whole country, including Sarawak (that's the State where Miri is located). 

So actually its not the website that controls anything, but the people who are members.  Because most people live and work in WEST (PENINSULAR) MALAYSIA, that is why there are lots more posts from that area and about matters related to those locations.

If you do a search of "Miri" there are two old postings, so there is not much interest in that part of Malaysia. But of course you could write to the members who posted, couldnt you?

Its hard to find any information about housing in Miri but as it has oil and gas bases there, foreigners do live in that location and there is also an international school. The internet is full of information you can find about Miri yourself. The main property sites such as iproperty and propertyguru dont cover Sarawak, so you would need to find the names of local estate agents there and contact them. 

Malaysia is not one complete entity but is made up of 13 States which mostly have their own monach (but not all) and to a certain extent their own administrations (alongside Federal administration which is for the whole county). So things are handled differently around Malaysia and that might explain why you dont find a lot of housing information generally available on the leading websites. Its basically about supply and demand - as with everything.

You could check out www.ibilik.my and www.mudah.com.my