Looking for HSE Job Vacancies on Oil and Gas Companies in QATAR

Hi everyone, I am Mark Louie P. Mendoza from the Philippines. I am a Government Firefighter/Paramedic here in my country, also a Registered Nurse and a Practitioner on HSE in Oil and Gas Industry. Right now, I am finding my new career especially on Oil and Gas Industry, I've heard a lot of things that Qatar caters a lot of job vacancies on my stated field. Even though I had a stable job here in the Philippines, I'm still searching a suitable job that could give me more greener Pasteur and to develop more my career, and I believe that on oil and gas field it can give answer to my long waited goal. I write here, maybe someone here in this group had a wide connection or maybe currently working on one of Oil and Gas companies in Qatar, that could help me to apply or recommend me for any oil and gas companies situated in Qatar. I am looking for an HSE Position, (Fireman, Emergency Response Team, HSE/Safety Officer, HSE Advisor or Rig Medic as well) any of those mentioned positions will do. I have 5 years experienced and still currently working as a Government Fireman/Paramedic in my country and also had 2 years experienced before as a Private Nurse. I hope somebody could help me, give me some advice, or could recommend me. Thanks in advance for those who will answer and help me.

Hi,

I do know some people who are medic/HSE officer when I visited the rig in offshore Qatar. Have you tried applying to any of the oil & gas job sites? There are tons of jobs there, but job assignment is worldwide.

For safety jobs, try Total Safety, Enertech and Venture Gulf in Qatar. Of course, it will help if you can also go to each company's career page (that's what I did). Try these companies in general oil and gas industry: Maersk Oil Qatar, Qatar Petroleum, Ras Gas, Occidental Petroleum of Qatar Ltd, Qatar Gas, QChem, Shell Qatar, Total, Oryx GTL, Dolphin Energy and for service companies, search for Schlumberger, Halliburton (and Baker Hughes -- recently absorbed), Weatherford, Scientific Drilling Controls.

Good luck!

Thank you very much for the answer sir rc2014, yes i've tried to apply on some oil and gas job site and major companies on oil and gas but unfortunately there are no feed backs. Some of your mentioned companies and sites i've already sent my applications to their respective site. There are some who answers but mostly scams, moreover a lot of oil and gas companies look forward on the applicants experience, imagine how come you can you get your experience if they did not give chance for the freshers like me.

Regarding on what you've said about medic/HSE Officer, both I have trainings on that position, I took up Rig Medic Course and International Oil and Gas HSE Onshore Offshore. Actually sir, I do have some background knowledge but the experience and actual job exposure is my problem. That's why I pursue and mostly applied for Fireman/Firefighter position because in that path I had my experienced.

If you dont mind sir rc2014, maybe you can introduce or recommend me on those people you mentioned that you know that are already working now on rigs. I heard lot of here say that the easiest way for you be able to be inn on oil and gas industry is thru connections inside the company. For that sir rc2014, i wolud like thank you again for your time to answer my query, i will try to apply again especially to those you mentioned companies that is new to me.

Mark,

Don't lose hope and just continuously send your application. I am a fresh graduate and I got into oil and gas industry immediately (I have petroleum-related engineering degree though) and now I am happily working for 14 months in the Middle East.

All you need to do is to find an employer who will be willing to train you and give you proper exposure. Bigger organizations have this program, just try your luck. Try to look for Petrosphere, they give local trainings and they are highly connected to the industry.

P.S. Dont call me sir :)

Thanks for the reply rc, I've seen that before, Petrosphere training center right? On my case, i got my HSE Training on Oil and Gas at O3GHSE, Maybe you've heard that training center who gave HSE training on Oil and Gas. Lucky for you rc that you easily got offer on oil industry. If you dont mind, may i ask what company did you belong right now and what position?

I haven't heard of that yet as I'm not connected with any safety jobs though most of our graduates received their training through Petrosphere (I did not).

I belong to one of the companies I mentioned previously, still working as a trainee for drilling group for 14 months now. They have sent me to different locations for training (both offshore rig and abroad).

Just keep on trying! :)

if you don't mind what is your company right now? are you an engineering graduate? do you think, rather than safety position, I can also apply for any other position on that rig I regardless on my experience and background knowledge?

you keep on mentioning bout petrosphere, I think they really help a lot they're graduates to find career good for them. I've researched bout petrosphere, too bad that their training center is way too far from my place.

by the way rc are you a Filipino? maybe some of your friends that you've mentioned before working on oil and gas, those who are working now as HSE/medic maybe they have some connections maybe they can recommend. thanks again.

Thank you sir
to read my message, I need this job
if you can do anything for plz do it