Looking to move to Lux

Hi,

Im currently in the US but looking to move to Lux as soon as possible. I have been sending my CV lately but am wondering if I should just take a chance and move there ,then look for work. I don't require a work permit because I am an EU national. Any advise ? I am looking for jobs in finance/proj management/bus analysis. I have a bachelors degree in Economics and have over 5 years experience. Do you think my chances are good in securing permanent employment. I am learning French but know that I can be fluent in a year if I move to a French speaking country. Its always easier when you are immersed in it then when you just study at home from CD's.

Is the job market good? What is the length of time it usually takes to find a job with my background?

Thanks. I appreciate any feedback.

Dorothy

Hi Dorothy,

Try eib.org, they are recruiting lately, and with that kind of experience should be offering you a CDI (permanent contract), or at least a 3 year CDD (fixed term contract) with a prospective CDI at end of contract.

Re. French, it is recommended for daily life (unless you are German speaking :) but not needed to work in the EIB

Best,