Shareholding + professional permit

Hi!
Can i, like foreigner be a shareholder of company with local director, and will be hire by this company to have occupation permit like professional?

Hi Vadim,

As a foreigner, to be the shareholder of a company, it depends whether you are going to be the majority shareholder or a minimum shareholder, if you are looking for an occupational permit, this will require to come as an investor bring with you a minimum investment fund etc. You may got all necessary information from the website of the Board of Investment on the following link Mauritius Board of Investment investmauritius.com/doing-business.aspx

Regards,

Jean Pierre

thanks for answer.
but if i will do business with my partner, how can i split share between us? just make two investors occupation permit (but its increases the cost twice...)?

Are both partners foreigners? Will there be any Mauritian shareholder (even minimum shares) in this business?

Yes, both is foreigners. We don`t have, but we can find some local friend  - it can help?

Hi, in which type of business you want to go for.

vadim kampel wrote:

Hi!
Can i, like foreigner be a shareholder of company with local director, and will be hire by this company to have occupation permit like professional?

You cannot be a shareholder in a company which will give you the Professional Occupation Permit.  Authorities will ask you to rather apply for Investor Occupation Permit.

The only scheme where you are able to handle the roles of both an employee and a shareholder is the Work Permit scheme, under the Ministry of Labour and Skills Development.

Yes you can.

Hi Vadim,

All the shareholder of the company can be foreigners, however one main rule applies: You need to have a Mauritian Director. Save as otherwise you have someone, you cannot incorporate your company here. Of course, if you open a company as an investor. To reply your query above as an investor you will have to invest an initial amount of 100,000 USD and if both you and your friend want to have an occupation permit here ( work and live here), yes the amount double to 200,000 USD.

@Keseena Your post contains one slight mistake which can mislead people (mostly foreigners).  the Law doesn't require you to have a Mauritian director, it requires a director who is ordinarily resident in Mauritius.

Which means when the investor has got his OP, he is himself 'ordinarily resident in Mauritius' and can fulfill this role.

Yes Nadeem, thank you. I am so use to use the word and agree it will create confusion here. thanks for the correction.

My pleasure keseena