Working Holiday Visa for Canadians

I'm a Canadian looking to apply for the Working Holiday visa upon arrival in the Netherlands I was hoping someone here has gone through the process and can answer a few questions.
- Do you arrive at the border and enter on a 90-day tourist visa and then apply when you are in the country or do you state your intention to apply for the working holiday upon arrival and customs/immigration?
- Can you confirm the list of documents you brought with?

darylb77 wrote:

I'm a Canadian looking to apply for the Working Holiday visa upon arrival in the Netherlands I was hoping someone here has gone through the process and can answer a few questions.
- Do you arrive at the border and enter on a 90-day tourist visa and then apply when you are in the country or do you state your intention to apply for the working holiday upon arrival and customs/immigration?
- Can you confirm the list of documents you brought with?

Visa has to be issued by the Dutch Embassy in Canada prior to heading there. You need proof of funds, $3000 plus return ticket, or $6000 without return ticket.

According to the IND you can do either.  But obviously once you get there, its very hard to get documents if you forget something!

When participating in the WHS/WHP you have two ways to apply your residence:
- You can travel to the Netherlands and submit an application for your residence permit at the IND desk in the region where you are going to live. To submit the application you will need to make an appointment by calling:
-  You can apply for the Entry and Residence Procedure (TEV procedure) in your country of residence.

ind.nl/EN/individuals/residence-wizard/au-pair-and-exchange/exchange-programme

Then the solution is simple: gather the needed documents so you can proceed  ;)

You will find it very difficult to get a visa at the border. It is easier to apply for a Shengen short-stay visa at The Netherlands embassy in Canada. As I understand it you will need a return ticket, proof that you have sufficient funds to support yourself during your stay (the last time I checked it was €1100 but I might be wrong, medical insurance and evidence of where you are staying by way of a paid reservation at a hotel or evidence of having paid rent for accommodation.

I suggest you call the Netherlands embassy.