Birth Certificate needs Attestation or Apostille??

Hello everybody,

Glad to be a member of this forum.
I could able to get much information from various discussions among all of you.

However the one thing I could not find properly hence I'm posting my query today.

I'm working as a Project Manager in S/W company.I'm having 2 yrs visa since 2013 Aug.
Now I would like to bring my family here (Wife and 6 months old son).

Our company PRO said my son's Birth certificate needs attestation. Previously we did apostile to our marriage certificate.

Now my question is what should I do to the birth certificate ? is it Attestation or apostile?

If Attestation what is the nature of it?

If apostile what sort of apostile we need to do?

My wife checked with couple of agents in Bangalore, they confused saying different names and options.
Hence I need your help to find out what exactly needs to be done in India (Bangalore)..

Kindly provide me as exact details as possible..thanking you in advance..

Regards
Dilip

Hi pdkonline,

Don't get confused by what your colleagues, friends, foes, neighbours, strangers ... advice you on official matters.

Take the advice of your company PRO. He is your single-point contact on all matters official as he is the only one who would be interacting with the government authorities on your behalf.

It must be noted that rules keep changing at very regular intervals (in fact, rules can change from one day to another here !!) and it would be made known only at the time of submitting the application. So no one except your company PRO would be privy to that update.

So relax and listen only to your company PRO.

Good luck.

Hi,

child birth certificate dosent require any type of attestation or apostille if the family is arriving at Muscat airport .

nowadays they are asking for the attestation for the child visa issued in Sohar .