How can i easily move to denmark

Good day!

Would like to ask for help regarding how can i easily move to denmark if i am married to a Dane here in the Philippines?

Any advice? Thank you for your help.

God bless.

SHIRLY

Hi Shirly,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I created a new topic as from your post on the Denmark forum for better visibility.

All the best,
Christine

Hi Shirly,

It's not easy to move to Denmark as they have a very strict immigration rules. However, you and your husband may apply for a family reunification. You may check further info as well as the required documentations at the Danish embassy Manila: filippinerne.um.dk or at the Danish immigration service: nyidanmark.dk under "family reunification".

Hope it helps.

Sonia

Thank you Christine.. God bless. Will look forward for more answers regarding living in Denmark and processing of papers in getting to denmark.

Thank you Sonia for the information. I have found the website. I still want to know if it easier to come to Denmark if we both marry here in the Philippines? I know I have to get a short visit visa first and stay with my future husband in Denmark for a few months before I can apply for family reunification... Do the country required that the immigrants has graduated more than a Bachelor's degree to be able to pass and get a residence permit there in Denmark?

Looking forward to hear from you again.

Blessings,

SHIRLY

Sorry, I misunderstood your earlier question. I thought you were already married in the Philippines.

Anyway, it doesn't matter whether you marry in the Philippines or in Denmark. Either way, you and your future husband will have to apply for family reunification if you want to move with him in DK. And yes, you do need to have been in DK at least once, either before marriage or after.  Personally, I think it is better to marry in DK (although your family and friends most likely will not be able to witness your special day) as you could apply right after your wedding for family reunification (you will be allowed to stay in DK while your application is being processed); whereas if you marry in the Philippines, you will have to wait at least 3 months before you could get your authenticated marriage contract from NSO, which is a required document for this application;  hence it will be a longer wait before you could apply for family reunification. And of course there are a lot more paperworks needed before you could marry your beloved Dane in the Philippines. It is a lot simpler in DK...just bring both your DFA-authenticated (red ribbon) birth certificate and Certificate of No Marriage (CENOMAR). The CENOMAR should not be more than 3 months.

Having more than a bachelors degree is not a prerequisite to applying for a family reunification. Unless you are applying for a green card scheme. Once your application for family reunification is approved, you will be granted a 2-year temporary residence permit which you could renew, provided you still meet the conditions required when you were first granted the residence permit. This residence permit will allow you to work in DK.

You need to pass an exam on Danish as a second language (Prøve i Dansk) within 6 months of being granted the residence permit. I suggest you enrol right away for the free Danish language lessons once you get your CPR so you could prepare for this exam. Or better yet, start learning the language now, even if just the basics. I must tell you that it is very difficult to get a job in DK if you can't speak Danish.

I hope this answer your questions. Goodluck!