Plz help with german language test...

Hello,
I'm Steve from England and I'm married to an Indonesian, We are moving to Munich in July and  I emailed the German consulate asking if we needed to take the test because their site suggested that, if one spouse is European or that the international that is moving to Germany is a university graduate than they have no need to take the test.
The German consulate emailed me back saying that my wife and I do not need to take the language test,
Regardless, of course me and my wife are both learning German anyway with Andreas and X lol ...

"The spouse who needs a visa to enter the resp. EU country does not have to  prove any level of education or the ability to speak German. If all is in order, your wife will be issued with a 90 day visa to enter Germany. Within these 90 days, she has to present herself to the relevant Aliens office in the town of residence and apply for a resident card for spouses according to the"   "EU- Freizügigkeitsregelung".

I'm a bit confused to who is taking the test and why, if anyone can let me know how it's been for them I would be very grateful....

Hi Steve,
I've just been through it myself as a couple with exactly the same situation and although German was asked for at all regarding the visa, it'll really improve quality of life for you once you can speak a bit!

Hi Steve, I'm from Malaysia and am married to a German man. We're in the process of applying for my Residence Permit. Proof of German Knowledge is required and on top of that, I've just gotten an invitation to meet up with the authorities in order for the person in charge to assess if my German knowledge is sufficient and whether I'm required to participate in the Integration Course.

Hope this helps.