Budva advice

I currently live in the UK but have been offered a job in Budva, paying €600 a month.

Can anyone tell me what the cost of living might be on a month by month basis, ie rent, food, bills (water, internet, etc)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi
I've been living in Budva now for 1 year. I pay 35 € for cellphone, 35 € for internet, rent can be expensive and you need a good contract, because they easily throw you out of the apartments during the summertime so they can rent your apartment out for the turist for an higher price. Bad apartments around 60-70 m2 cost between 3-500 € and if you want something bigger ie. 100-150 m2 you have to pay between 1500 - 2700 € monthly. Also remember that they only do contract where you have to pay for minimum 1 year ahead. If you want to buy an apartment it's very expensive. I pay 100 € for water and electricity month to month basis. Taxi is ok, coffee around 1,50 - 2 €. Livingcost not so bad ½ price of what i paid in Denmark, but a little more than you pay in Germany. Cars are not so expensive maybe like you pay in GB.
For 600 € you earn you have to pay some tax for tax house I think it is around 19%, then you have the benefit of health, hospital which is horrible so you need a private insurance or pay at the private clinics yourself. But that is not so expensive ie. one consultation is around 20-30 € depending on what. If you want to rent a car it will maybe be around 500-600 € monthly. So I do hope you have some savings before you go to Montenegro. I hope this was some kind of help. I have spend more money from my savings than I have earned in Montenegro. What kind of a job are you going to do? Kindly Elisabeth

Hi,

600 euro should cover all, to rent apartment and to pay bills and for food at home. For restaurants and bars this is not enough.

cheers

Hello There!

Well this site should help you compare between Montenegro and the UK:
http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/co … Montenegro

It's very hard to tell you for sure if 600€ is going to be enough or not. The minimum salary here is about 200€, the average salary is around 450€... Some people actually manage to live with 450€, but I suppose a lot of them don't have to pay for a rent for example (owning their home, or living with parents/family...). Many people also have this minimum salary + some extra money from other jobs (or from renting part of their home) etc.

If your job will give you some extras (tips...) then maybe you'll do fine? Many waiters here are paid 300-400€ but get almost as much in tips.

Also, as Nemanja mentions, you might not be able to go out a lot, even though drinks are cheap.

About rentals, the prices Elisabeth gave you are pretty much correct (I'm quite well placed to tell you about this as I run the only agency for long-term lets in Montenegro), and it is true you need a good notarized contract to make sure you can stay over the season. But not all owners will ask you to pay 12 months in advance, as long as you sign a notarized contract and usually if you pay c. 2 months security deposit which you would loose if you leave the flat before the term.

I hope this helps,

Carine