Information needed please!!!!!!!

Hi All,

We are a party of 7 travelling to Laos at the end of November this year. We will be arriving at Vientiane airport from KL and heading to Luang Prabang the very same day. I am doing some research online as where to buy the tickets for the sleeping bus as well as where to drop our cases for a few hours while touring the city (I've already touched base with a few hotels but all agreed that this service is only offered to guests staying in their premises); and I have to admit I was not very successful at either. As you are a Vientiane resident you may know whether there are storage lockers in Northern bus station (no available facilities at the airport, confirmed). Also, do you think we would manage to get tickets for the sleeping bus on the same day? I have tried unsuccessfully to buy them online. I've got in contact via email with a travel agency that was recommended to us and this is the price given: $30 each + $50 bank transaction fee (and this is where my concern lies.......).

Your advise would be most grateful.

Thank you very much in advance for your help,

M. Maria

MMariainlondon wrote:

Hi All,

We are a party of 7 travelling to Laos at the end of November this year. We will be arriving at Vientiane airport from KL and heading to Luang Prabang the very same day. I am doing some research online as where to buy the tickets for the sleeping bus as well as where to drop our cases for a few hours while touring the city (I've already touched base with a few hotels but all agreed that this service is only offered to guests staying in their premises); and I have to admit I was not very successful at either. As you are a Vientiane resident you may know whether there are storage lockers in Northern bus station (no available facilities at the airport, confirmed). Also, do you think we would manage to get tickets for the sleeping bus on the same day? I have tried unsuccessfully to buy them online. I've got in contact via email with a travel agency that was recommended to us and this is the price given: $30 each + $50 bank transaction fee (and this is where my concern lies.......).

Your advise would be most grateful.

Thank you very much in advance for your help,

M. Maria

No storage facilities at northern bus terminal or airport.  I suggest you either stay overnight in VT as you will then be able to see VT at a leisurely pace then a bus next day.

Or catch a plane from VT to LP the day you arrive. There are 3 flights a day from VT to LP. Minibus from VT to Vang Vieng and then bus from there to LP. Takes approx 7 hours from VV to LP.

Actually there are storage facilities at the airport. Not lockers, though but a room. I agree with Stumpy, though if you get to the bus station a couple of hours before the bus leaves, you will be able to get tickets.

Hi Vientianeboy,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Actually, I saw a post in tripadvisor which mentioned the storage room at the airport; however I browsed the airport's website and it does say that storage facilities are not provided that's why the confusion/ concern.

Also, glad to know that we will not rashly encounter any issues getting the bus tickets on the day, that will solve all our problems.

We are arriving early morning so our plan is to spend the whole day touring Vientiane and then get the night bus to Luang Prabang. Our stop in Laos will last only 4 days and our aim is to spend 2 full-days in Luang Prabang; hence all the frantic plans/ timings!

Once again, thank you for all the info provided and for taking the time to answer my questions.

Khobchairai!

MMaria

Thank you Stumpy!
Most appreciated. Actually, we are contemplating the idea of getting an internal flight from VTE to LPQ but unfortunately, actual prices break the bank. Nevertheless, it will be an option we ride herd on.
Once again, many thanks.
Best,
MMaria

You are definitely not spending anywhere near enough time in Laos. Better plan another trip.   

Suggest fly into Luang Prabang from Chiang Mai Thailand, then head south to Vientiane then bus to Pakse, check out Wat Phou. Head from there into Cambodia.

Hi Stumply,
Thank your for your time and help. Unfortunately our travel plans are already in one place. We are fully aware that we are on a tight deadline but I am afraid is all we can do due to work commitments. Next time will be better!
Best,
MMaria