Working at Bochum !!!

Hello guys, its my first topic here. I hold offer for study master's degree in chemistry at Ruhr university Bochum and i'm not so sure as i don't speak German at all, I'm afraid that i won't be able to find part-time job or work in vacations as it's important to me to help me cover some money. So, what's your advice for me?

Hi Ahmed.Ashaf,

welcome to the forum!

My honest advice would be to learn German asap. That is you best option, if you want to find a part-time job.

Networking is also a big plus, so I would contact groups you can connect with or have some kind of link to (e.g. Egyptian student or expat groups.). You also could ask your supervisor for help in earning some extra money. There are sometimes student- jobs available at the University.

no_clue wrote:

Hi Ahmed.Ashaf,

welcome to the forum!

My honest advice would be to learn German asap. That is you best option, if you want to find a part-time job.

Networking is also a big plus, so I would contact groups you can connect with or have some kind of link to (e.g. Egyptian student or expat groups.). You also could ask your supervisor for help in earning some extra money. There are sometimes student- jobs available at the University.

Yea i already started learning basics at home, i have nearly one month so i will do my best. Thanks for your help :)