Spammers!

Hi all, newbie here (be gentle please) great forum but spammers in my message box drove me nuts already! how do I get rid of them? one sent me a long message in French from Cameroon, trying to move to Canada. And there's another one from Dubai wanted to get info about Bosnia. I'm not from those places, though.
Anyway, just wanted to say hi and lurking around here before I drop you bunch of questions.
Cheers! and Happy Valentine's Day to  you all. xo

Are you living in Surabaya? If yes, we can talk.
Best regards,
Steven from Belgium

Hi whutami,

If you are getting unsolicited private messages then look on the "Conversation with...." line and you'll find a rectangular button "ACTION", click on that and then select REPORT. That will send a copy of the offending message to TEAM and they will take quick action to resolve the problem. After you have reported the message if you wish then you can click on the same ACTION button and then select "Block user", but please report first.

The same thing goes for postings on the public forums. There is a small REPORT triangle in the upper right corner of the posting. Click on that and then describe the problem in the following window.

Cheers,
James     Expat-blog Experts Team

James +1

please report these guys, we'll instantly ban them

thanks

Much as the anti spam system is good, it isn't perfect.
The 'report' button covers the holes in the system, making bans happen quickly.

Welcome to Expat.com, and please don't let the spammers put you off posting.

Spammers are terrible. Being a woman must make you a target and with your avatar photo must make it even worse. It's sad but maybe changing your avatar might work?

StevenfromBelgium, James, Julien, Fred and Hansson:
Thank you everyone for your very kind responses and tips. Will write you more later when I get home from work.
Note to Hansson: Thanks, they weren't spamming me for sex, romance or dating (as mostly were females) but money. I'm not changing my avatar :)
All cool! no biggie.

There are lots of Indonesian members on this forum who I am betting will love to hear how you, an Indonesian, likes or dislikes life in New York.   :top:   Assuming that by New York you mean "the big apple" some comparison and contrast of the the big apple to "the big durian" should make for interesting reading. 

Cheers!