Saudi Expat , Could I buy a car in Bahrain ?

Hello there , I just wanted to ask , as a expat living in Saudi , could I buy a car in Bahrain ???

Note : I have no residency in Bahrain !

Arabian Knight.

Without a CPR you cannot buy a car in Bahrain, but assuming you have a saudi resident permit (iqama) you could get a paper cpr (temporary CPR) in Bahrain and then i guess you could buy a car here. I am sure if anyone has done it before they would reply back with the procedure.

good luck
T&R

logicalindian has correctly answered your query.
Why not just buy a car in Saudi if you have a residency there.

Cars in Saudi Arabia are also cheaper than they are in Bahrain. If you can wait until Ramadan, then I would recommend you doing so as many car dealers have special deals over Ramadan.

There is a very cheap Dodge Charger 2010 on sale !

Could I export the car ?

And import into Saudi on my name ?

Or Could I just drive it in Saudi having the car in my "Bahraini Friends Name" ????

here is a list of rules i found on the net for importing a car into saudi arabia

http://www.customs.gov.sa/CustomsNew/faqs/Faq_Ejs.aspx

logicalindian wrote:

here is a list of rules i found on the net for importing a car into saudi arabia

http://www.customs.gov.sa/CustomsNew/faqs/Faq_Ejs.aspx

How about buying it in my Bahraini friends name and then using a letter to enter it into Saudi and drive it ?

i am not sure about that, maybe if someone has done it before.. they may reply back!

As I said on facebook, you will need to buy the car in your friends name, and get the car transferred to him officially. You will then have to be added on to the cars insurance. Then you will have to obtain a NOC from the owner of the vehicle saying they don't mind you taking the car to Saudi.

I can certainly understand why you don't want to buy a Saudi car. No one in their right mind would.

My advice would be: If you have a friend that already has a bahrain car and can add you on the insurance. See if he can get a NOC (not sure how you can do this but ministry of transport will tell you) then try to take it over the border. If you come across issues then you know it's not worth wasting your money buying a car here.

As I also said to you on facebook - the paper cpr is next to useless, virtually nobody accepts it. We had to get one purely to open a bank account so we could pay EWA. It is useless otherwise

Good luck

I own a car in Bahrain, but I dont have RP now...can I use my car in saudi without changing car registration ? I have valid saudi iqama

I can certainly understand why you don't want to buy a Saudi car. No one in their right mind would.

eh? A car from a dealership in Saudi is going to be no better or worse than a car from a dealership in Bahrain.

If you have a friend that already has a bahrain car and can add you on the insurance.

I'm not familiar with how Bahraini car insurance works, but in Saudi unlike the UK, the insurance is for the vehicle, not for the driver. In other words, as long as the driver isn't under 25 and is driving legally, it doesn't matter who drives it, they are insured. You might want to find out the details of your friend's insurance policy to find out whether there's no need to "add you on the insurance."

the paper cpr is next to useless, virtually nobody accepts it... we had to get one to pay EWA... it's useless otherwise

I've used my CPR number at hospitals on several occasions to get free medical care along with my Saudi medical insurance card. You've just told us you can open a bank account with one. I imagine that for most people, medical care and finance are fairly important.

You having a bad day Josnuggles ;-)

@Arabian Knight

hope you are well. quite an old post. but please can you share you experience in getting an authorization from your friend to take a bahrain car to ksa

@azhar_bf use the etraffic app or bahrain.bh to issue a vehicle authorization for King Fahad Causeway