Moving to Thailand - looking for job, place to live, and visa info.

Looking for job (teaching, anything online, yoga) and living arrangement (apartment, shared house, room for rent)! Any leads would be great. I am interested in the Chiang Mai or Chiang Rai area to begin my travels. I am also wondering about 6+ month visas.

Thanks!  :)

Hello tpoenie,

Welcome to the Thailand forum. :)

Just a quick tip; little words like hello, please, thank you and a little introduction about yourself will go a long way to help you get answers.

As for your search, I suggest that you also try to post ads in the Housing in Thailand and Jobs in Thailand sections respectively. As for the visa matter, you can browse through the Information on visas in Thailand section. You might find the information you need in the threads found there.

Shaazia
Expat.com Team

Thanks for reminding me to be polite :) I was nervous about posting, so I wasn't sure what to say. I appreciate the pointers.

About work, teaching English is the obvious job for foreigners, and since you've got a certificate related to that (and presumably a bachelors degree) it should be easy.  I've been here for awhile so I don't keep track of how visas work but these sort of sites have all that information in different pinned threads. 

The initial tourist visa is two or three months (the kind of thing a thread would clear up) and then you can get a work visa in that time or renew it, but they're touchy these days about permanent tourists, so not indefinitely.

Fuer   they prefrther to a teaching position, you will need a degree at least and they prefer a Dip Ed. It is now more
difficult to get a gig as a teacher, as it should be.