Want to live in Switzerland

Hi everyone stacey from usa i am hairdresser for 25years..looking to gain knowledge on how to work and live in switzerland

Hello Stacey,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I created a new thread with your message on the Switzerland forum for a better interaction and visibility. Just a small advice, try to post specific questions so that you can get some more precise answers and the other members know what to answer to you as well.

I also suggest that you have a look at the Expat Guide to Switzerland for some interesting information.

Shaazia
Expat.com Team

apply job to the International organizations...ONU, W.H.O, I.T.U., UNICEF...etc...Maybe can be luck...

for living check out - homegate.ch
and for work it depends on your area... generally the economy here is tight... but it is not impossible to find work.
there are various job portals and I recommend to look for international companies...

For hairdressers I'm not sure...  but I went here: - blackandwhite.ch

Greetings, Expats in Switzerland.

I have just posted  at the Expat Café:
   The Top Ten Things I Learned on My First Visit to the Switzerland Forum....

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 69#2765256

cccmedia in Ecuador

Hi
Thanks!

What about if i am a SEO worker?i am in net business with SEO,wordpress and webdesigner,Also i was majoring in business english,and also i worked 5 years in import and export business.

How could i apply for a fittable job there?I love Swiss.but i know need to be actual,to do something useful for Swiss country.

Thanks!
Maggie

Hi @maggiesnow,

While it is always better to have a secured position prior to moving, this might not always be the case. I would recommend you to do a research about the companies in Switzerland and see whether they are searching for someone with your profile. Many companies will agree on doing a skype interview or perhaps even invite you to their offices for an interview in person.

Perhaps you could check the jobsingeneva.com/ website on job posts. You can also try registering online on some of the recruitment agency's website and see if you get some answer from there, for instance, adecco.ch/. It doesn't cost you anything to try like this first. Switzerland is a very expensive country and you might want to have at least something secured prior to moving there.

I would also suggest you to check an online platform InterNations. They have local communities all around the world, including Geneva, Zurich and couple of more in Switzerland. You can check them out on this page internations.org/geneva-expats. Once you register there, you can access the forums and posts by other expats or ask questions of your own.

Good Luck!