Help: Jeddah Compounds

Hello! I'm new here but I need some help. For the past couple of weeks I've been looking for a 3BR villa (or apartment, if there's any) in a compound for the price range of 80k to 100k (preferably under 100k). So far I've been lucky in Nada compound but it's too tiny and a bit of a wreck; not worth the 100k.
Anyone here who can help me on this? I'd seriously appreciate it.

Hi

welcome to jeddah..

Try to contact this compound:
-Sharbatly Village-
0126910828-0126393871

Already did, waiting list goes on for 8 months.
Thanks anyway

Ok

If you need any help call me

I remember seeing this topic multiple times and list of compounds shared by some users. Search for these topics and you will the info you looking for.

Look for a post by Trapezius on compounds. He has listed multiple with phone numbers, but you will have a hard time finding a 3bd for less then 100K a year on a compound. Let alone any compound without a waiting list..unless you have some major connections

Will do. Thank u!

It is very hard, but we're limited by the company's housing budget :(
One thing I learned from my mom -realtor in Egypt - is the there's always a break in pattern when it comes to realestate prices  :top:

Did u try Saudi city??

I tried them on the phone a few times, but it's either they don't pick up or whoever is in charge isn't there.
If you have an address I'd be so grateful since I only know the general area and not that familiar with Jeddah yet  :huh:

I have lived their most of my childhood
Today it isn't that great as long time they were so active
But u can take it as a quite place to be!
And the area is sooo big

Oh, well I don't expect much from compounds, so yea. Can you give me an exact address or directions?

I will try to pass by on Saturday or Sunday before I leave for vacation 😉

[moderared: avoid free ad pls]

google.com/maps/place/Saudia+City/@21.5596853,39.1285806,17z/data=!4m6!1m3!3m2!1s0x15c3dab59cc23489:0x4851a5747e6a32ce!2sSaudia+City!3m1!1s0x15c3dab59cc23489:0x4851a5747e6a32ce

There is the Map! I have couple of friends from inside maybe I can ask them. You can call me at 0543963952. I dont usually visit this site. Have a great day! :)

Thank you, I'd really appreciate it :)

Thanks!

There really are no "addresses" in Jeddah. Most directions are given by what is near by. If you pick up a Destinations Jeddah magazine they always have a map. Saudi City is actually shown as it has a huge water tower. It is in the Khalidya district at the end of Rawda (west end)....though I believe currently the bulk of this compound is made up of Saudi Airline employees & their familes

I'm a British ex pat and live in Saudi City. Get in touch if there is anything I can do to help.

Thank you Stressedmom,
I'm heading out for compound hunting  :huh: I'll pass by and ask.

Hi,

Am against compounds kind of a guy, since I think that they are overpriced for what they are and the extra freedom that you can enjoy  by living in one does not justify the price, especially since most of them were built on the 80's and look oooold and outdated…

aaaanyways, thats only me  :(

Try with Elite 1 & 2 compound and Al Jandoul Compound

The last one is behind Adham Center in Madinah Road and up to few years back it was a 100% Egyptians Compound. Most of the residents were professionals working for international pharmaceutical companies, not sure if it's still the case tho.

Ahmad,
Elite is the example of overpriced! But Jandool is on my destination list since I can't find a number to call.
Thank you :)

Mel Jane,
Thank you :) I might take you up on that

One of the best compounds to live in is sierra (arabian homes)

Try Sharbatly Compound. Nada is not worth even 20K.

Hi there I work in Jeddah and am looking for accomodation. If you are looking for a secure camp you won't get one for 100k. The best secure expat amps are Sierra Village Andalous, Sharbatly and Al Basateen. A 2 bedroom in most of these is around 140k.  You can get a cheaper camp but not with Security. That's been our experience there might be other people with a different story

Try in the Al Rawdah District with lots of smaller 'compounds' like Bellevue2 ( Marwan street) etc. there various there and my fiends live the area. I don't live there but visit others often... It's a decent neighboorhood!!

Thanks for the feedback, everybody.  What do you all think about Saudi City?

hey

can u share with us ur feedback after your compound hunting tour? :)
also pls share compounds contacts

Saudi City is a mixed review. If you get one of the newly renovated villas then they are fine, the non renovated ones definitely need some work. Lots of families and many have a spouse who works for Saudia. If I remember right multiple coffee shops/restaraunts on compound as well as a pretty decent nursery.

Thanks, Mom :)
It seems that the compounds that are in town (Lotus...) are crammed between city blocks; less secure? Less amenities...?
Do you know what outlying areas (suburbia, near airport etc.) are the better areas around Jeddah with better compounds?

There is no real "suburbia" like you are probably used to :)

Closest to the airport I think is Al Basteen (very large, where the British school is)..Also consider Arabian Homes (Sierra & Andulus - andulus is smaller, but has access to things on Sierra). Less secure and not as western is Mura Bustan (near Madinah & if traffic is decent only like a 15 min drive to airport). Sharbatly is further east than MB so add at least 15 min to drive.

Great feedback.
Being very close to the airport is not an absolute requirement. What areas of Jeddah are better areas for expats to live?
Thanks for the intel !

That is hard to say which "area is better" if you are on a compound you don't really go off it and wander. I have been told staying west of Madinah is better (MB & Sharbatley are east of Madinah).

If not on a compound Rawdah is a nice mix of apt and small complexes. Honestly I am horrible at areas since I can't drive & driving here is horrendous (worse then NY & Las Vegas taxi drivers combined) so I purposely don't pay attention when my husband drives. Also due to the traffic he usually takes weird routes to dodge it.

Thanks for the feedback

100% agreed with stressedmom even the water tanks in saudi city are disgustingly dirty.

pupa building in opposite of saudia city has nice apartments with a compound systems,, you may try to contact them

Yes, you can contact me ala******

Moderated by Stéphanie 8 years ago
Reason : Please don't give your personal email address

Hey JetPilot, buzz me this is Babar. *** the CL 300 guy

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not post any personal contacts on the forum. Use private messaging

Hi everyone
I just moved to Jeddah and any help wz a contact for 2 bedrooms apartment or villa in a compound wz a budget of 80 SR
Thank you all