King Abdulaziz Equestrian Race Track by Janadriyah

Okay, I just cannot get a straight answer to my question, even when I ring the restaurant at King Abdulaziz Equestrian race track they won't answer my question, or are very vague.

Anyway, what I'm wanting to know, when you book a table in the 'regular' restaurant at the Race Track, can women remove their abaya? (Optional) I have been to this restaurant a few times in 2011-13 but not recently. Now I hear we can't take the abaya off. I understand about dress code etc. but just wondered if anyone has been in the last month or so who visited the 'regular restaurant' (top of the escalator to the left) and could remove abaya?

Thanks fellow Riyaders :)

Don't they have separate sections for men and women at the equestrians club ?

Hiya,

The last time I visited, we were a party of about 14 who booked a table, and if it is the same one, they place the buffet (a very good buffet too) along the back wall and you can walk through the glass doors on to the balcony overlooking the finish line!

Anyway, we were mixed and all the ladies removed abayas.  This is about 4 months ago though.

Regards

Tony

Hey, no they don't have separate sections for men and women. We took the trip to the Equestrian Club back in February, so to answer my question... We could remove our abaya if we were oppropriately dressed. We mixed with males and females, westerners and Saudis. Very good atmosphere and fantastic food! Worth the trip.

Very interested to know about this Lindsay. Do you mind shedding some more details about visiting times, rates, any website, program,...etc?

Hey Hoeniger

There is a website... frusiya.com but I also have contact details for a gentleman who works in the restaurant where you can book the table - Mohammed 0503008044

The races have finished now for the summer season, usually they're on roughly between October - March. Book a table and you'll be placed in the main restaurant. The whole back wall of the restaurant is just food galore! It's all Buffett style but cooked and presented to a very high standard.
The restaurant has glass walls to the track which also open out onto several balconies which you can stand to watch the races. There are usually about 8 races that take place between 2pm- 7pm approx.
Cost wise, 200SAR per adult and 100SAR per child. Women can take off their abayas but must be dressed modestly. The restaurant is mixed so there will be westerners and expats in attendance.
In all I would hugely recommend, a really good day out, something different anyway.