What is the best location to buy property or House in La Ceiba?

I want to ask to those expats and natives who have been living for some time in La Ceiba.  What is the best location to buy/invest in a property or house in La Ceiba concerning safety, surplus value, bank appraisal, insurance, getting a loan with local banks?

All your experiences are valid, please let me know.

I am not living in Honduras yet but from my internet searching LCBC looks to be the safest. They have a canal along the backside and armed guards.  No bars on the windows and seems to be far enough away from the city.  But not to far.  The only concern I have with these beach resort properties is in 10 to 15 year will the city grow right up to its doorstep and attract crime?  I love the country of Honduras but the crime scares me for the saftey of my family.

I meant the area, not specific developments.  All new developments seem to be taken place on the east side of La Ceiba, great panoramic views, mountains close to the ocean.

Hey CesarLaCeiba, I just got back from Honduras and reserved my new 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom in a development by Palma Real, in the Salitran, 5 minutes the canopy tours and just a few steps from the Rancho San Luis, a small zoo with local animals in recovery.

I had found this spot recommended by a friend who bought there too, but it's on the east side, unlike LCBC on the west.

It is a very easy going area by what the people in La Ceiba told me, I asked around a lot, going to restaurants and bars and asking around to make sure I was making the right choice.

I will be heading back to Honduras soon to look into more developments in other cities, I fell in love with the place, it is amazing. Very layed back!

I got a cheap spot for $89,900 with access to a huge community pool, and upcoming tennis and basketball courts, and an artificial turf soccer field.

East side has the beaches, and fastest way to get to Cayos Cochinos, It was a mind blowing place. And went to Juteapa too, which is nearby.

I agree with you, all the fun, action an I also heard local banks are very willing to give loans to all the developments in the east side of La Ceiba as well, that is the tourist and area!!!

RichardNola wrote:

Hey CesarLaCeiba, I just got back from Honduras and reserved my new 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom in a development by Palma Real, in the Salitran, 5 minutes the canopy tours and just a few steps from the Rancho San Luis, a small zoo with local animals in recovery.

I had found this spot recommended by a friend who bought there too, but it's on the east side, unlike LCBC on the west.

It is a very easy going area by what the people in La Ceiba told me, I asked around a lot, going to restaurants and bars and asking around to make sure I was making the right choice.

I will be heading back to Honduras soon to look into more developments in other cities, I fell in love with the place, it is amazing. Very layed back!

I got a cheap spot for $89,900 with access to a huge community pool, and upcoming tennis and basketball courts, and an artificial turf soccer field.

What is the development called that you bought at?  I can see a place on google earth next door to the palma real resort on the west side of palma real on the beach with a giant pool.

Hi,

I think east is the best bet. Most developments have very 3rd world infrastructure and construction. Villa Hermosa seems to be the only one built to North American standards. You can get  a new 3 bedroom, quality home for just $99K at the moment.

youtube.com/watch?v=xJwcMCWsA2Q

Best of Life!

Edward