Vietnamese translation needed

please could somebody help me with the following translation

giống ngọ hồi đó o vn đợi nị ghe... ngày nào cũng 5h mấy dậy :))

Chac aị đang iu ksc dữ lắm

many thanks

you can use google translate its not 100% accurate but will help to figure out the meaning which is not bad.

thanks for your reply. unfortunatly when it comes to vietnamese, google translate isnt even 50% accurate. sometimes comes up with crazy different answears, especially when there are vietnamese abreviations and short used. so i need someone to do an actual translation.

thanks all the same

seems the person who wrote is still learning or didn't wrote it properly, the exact translation is,
"Just like me waiting for you before when I was in vietnam. Everyday wake up at 5 am. :)).
Somebody must be loving ksc a lot. "

my wife is vietnamese so it is not google translation ;)

greatly  appreciated.
thank you very much for your help

Your friend said it in Central accent though :)

Central accent!!! It is not national language for sure.

Someone can help me? I would like to translate Vietnamese phrase!

What do you need to be translated, Sirus?

Hi Ciambella! Can i send you in private?

Yep.

to your question:
"..just like me waiting for you when we still in Vietnam....waked up at around 5am
...probably loving someone pretty much..."
btw, it's a slang, not central accent.

christine thuy wrote:

btw, it's a slang, not central accent.

I also noticed the error, but since the question and answer occurred 2.5 years ago, I didn't bother to correct SaradSharma's translation.  However, now that you brought it up:

You're correct that's it's not Central dialect, but "ngộ" and "nị" are not slangs either.  They're the phonetic spellings of I and you in Mandarin Chinese.  You probably have heard the expression "ngộ ai nị" before.  That's phonetic for "I love you" in Mandarin.

"Ngộ" and "nị" have been used for many decades by (some) Vietnamese when their relationships were not clearly defined.  It's much easier to use foreign words than to address the other person by a wrong term.  Vietnamese youth in the States are the same way, they call each other "you" while conversing in Vietnamese.  It's simpler and less chance for hurt feeling.

Ciambella wrote:

You're correct that's it's not Central dialect, but "ngộ" and "nị" are not slangs either.  They're the phonetic spellings of I and you in Mandarin Chinese.  You probably have heard the expression "ngộ ai nị" before.  That's phonetic for "I love you" in Mandarin.

"Ngộ" and "nị" have been used for many decades by (some) Vietnamese when their relationships were not clearly defined.  It's much easier to use foreign words than to address the other person by a wrong term.  Vietnamese youth in the States are the same way, they call each other "you" while conversing in Vietnamese.  It's simpler and less chance for hurt feeling.

A little correction here:
"ngộ" or ngoh is cantonese, not mandarin. In mandarin it's "wǒ ai ni"
"nị" is you in mandarin

Or am I wrong here?

I have zero knowledge of Cantonese so I cannot say anything about the pronunciation.  What I knew of Mandarin was limited to one year of college prerequisite course taken in Chợ Lớn (now a large part of Q5) in the early '70s. 

From what I learned, "ngộ" is Central/Southwestern Mandarin while "wǒ" is Beijing Mandarin.  Beijing Mandarin, of course, is the official one.  However, there were/are a lot more Chinese in Central and Southwest China than in Beijing, and there was hardly any Chinese who lived in Saigon came from Beijing, so the dialect one heard in Chợ Lớn leaned more towards Central/Southwestern Mandarin.

With that being said, Cantonese was probably spoken more among the Chinese in Saigon than either of the two Mandarin dialects, but since I wasn't required to learn Cantonese, I was blissfully ignorant of the practice.

In the '60s, Saigonese took "ngộ" and "nị" from their neighbours in Chợ Lớn, incorporated into their verbal language, and the terms are still being used today.

This thread has turned into a very interesting linguistic discussion. Great stuff! Thanks

Anyone can help me to translate this two sentance to english
1. Đến một ngày lá hỏi lại cây..
“ Nếu lá chết cây có chết theo không ...? “
Cây im lặng một hồi không nói ...
Lá buồn rầu âm thầm khẽ nói...
Lá chết rồi cây mọc lá khác ngay ...!

2. Từ nay méo thương tình ai cả DM....

Thank you

Kai00 wrote:

Anyone can help me to translate this two sentance to english

1. ...

2. ...

1- It's an absurd take off of an inane poem supposed to be written by someone named Henry Nguyen.  Both versions tell a conversation between a leaf and a tree (or between a man and a woman, as I'm sure the author wished for the message to convey.)  The leaf asked the tree that if it dies, would the tree die alongside it as well.  The tree didn't answer.  The leaf then murmured sadly "If I die, you would have a new leaf immediately take my place."

2- I will not translate this one the way it's expressed, because for a short 9 word sentence, there are 2 unneeded profanities.  It doesn't bother me when people use curse words as long as it's to emphasize the context, but vulgarity just for vulgarity's sake is not cool in my book.

Take away the obscene language, the speaker was saying from now on he will never love/like/feel sorry for anyone again.  He could've said it with fewer words and without showing his crudity.

Thank you , Ciambella

Thank you very much

Familiarity with Vietnamese poetry is a really important aspect of understanding of the Vietnamese culture and language.

I have several well-educated Vietnamese friends that have given me a glimpse into Vietnamese poetry and an idea of how little an understanding of just a knowledge of a literal translation of Vietnamese is worth.

This thread is a prime example of the gap between a literal translation and a really deep understanding of the culture.

This is what I was trying to convey in my recent statement that Vietnamese was 5000 year-old language.

Otherwise, I am clueless.

I do, however, appreciate the excellent contributions to this post.

Can help me to translate this sentance ?
Vivan mới la tao và nhắn tin rất nhiều với tôi

Thank you

Kai00 wrote:

Can help me to translate this sentance ?
Vivan mới la tao và nhắn tin rất nhiều với tôi

Thank you

Very strange sentence. You dont usually use both tao and toi in a sentence. Anyway if tao and toi is the same person here then the translation would be Vivan has just yelled at me and texted me a lots. Sorry I don't get this sentence, it is simple but doesnt make much sense.

Can you help me to translate to Vietnamese?

"Please find old man photos with unbuttoned shirts for me"

Thanks.

karn_LOM wrote:

Can you help me to translate to Vietnamese?

"Please find old man photos with unbuttoned shirts for me"

Thanks.

Perhaps an introduction would be a good idea :)

Is the green leprechaun is still hot after Walter Brennan?

hi can anyone kindly help me thanks ate this sentence?

Tôi hy vọng sẽ có một ai đó giúp tôi trong thời điểm này..say noi nhieu cang sai.

In similar manner,

chờ đợi em

Why does "I wait for you" must include chờ ?

Why can't you say "anh đợi em", or is this a translator issue?

sorry I didn't get what you meant. is that the meaning of the translated sentence?

Jim-Minh wrote:

Why does "I wait for you" must include chờ ?

Why can't you say "anh đợi em",

Chờ đợi is a compound noun that has the same meaning as đợi, and the same meaning as chờ.  You can use the compound noun or either of the other two singular nouns.  All three have the same definition.

BTW, English compound nouns have a head and a modifier.  Not so with Vietnamese.  Both words carry the same weight, thus you can remove one without changing the meaning of the other.