Considering a move to Mexico City and homeschooling

Hello!
We are on the verge of making a huge decision...so any input from you would help tremendously.
My husband has been offered a 2-3 year contract in Mexico City.
We used to live there and loved it (prior to having kids).
Now that we have 2 children, and a 3rd arriving in less than 2 months, we realise that the life we would have in Mexico City would be very different from our previous experience.
Plus we homeschool. 
Millions of questions and thoughts are flying through my head regarding where we will live, in a house or an appartment? Which neighbourhood? (My husband will work in Polanco)
I was wondering if there exists homeschooler/unschooler groups in Mexico City. And most importantly, what is it really like to be a foreigner with kids in Mexico City safety-wise? 
Thank you in advance for any advice, I really appreciate your time!
Brigitte

Hello BrigitteReid and welcome on board Expat.com

Wish you all the best for your expatriation project.

Please browse the forum to gather some useful infos, our Living in Mexico Guide may help too.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Brigitte,
I am Ro and moving to Mx City this fall. I have the same questions as you currently… This week I'm visiting again during my Spring Break from California and wanting to connect with other people in the same situation. I have a phone number momentarily from which I may call…since my partner and I, we are planning on having our first baby here in Mexico and perhaps focusing homeschooling, I am sure there are plenty ideas we can share. I am a special education teacher back in the States with a degree in early childhood, so this age group interests me greatly.
Write me if you'd like to my e-mail address
[email protected]

Looking forward to hearing from you!!!