Anyone having experience with bayt.com ?

Hello,

I am trying to figure out, what are good recruitment companies for jobs in Dubai and UAE. There is a lot of good feedback but also bad ones. As with many things, it is hard to filter, if it is good or not. Has anyone experiences with bayt.com or another company ? I do not mind to pay for a good company, when they will find me a job but I just do not wanna pay someone to give them a fortune and not to have anything back.

Thanx for all your feedbacks,

Mike

Bayt.Com is well known and widely used by many professional firms.  You can trust them.  Likewise Naukri.Gulf and a few more.

Thanx a lot, that really helps me :) I need to have my CV taken care off prof ;)

Hi Mike,
Bayt.com is a good website to search for a job.
Dubizzle.com is a good too,
Good luck.

Hi.

I think that www.bayt.com and www.naukrigulf.com are the best.

But in bayt.com if you apply for a job they will send you an email everyday to tell you that if you want that the employer see you CV you have to upgrade your account (19$).

But I think that naukrigulf.com is better. (that depends on your field). For my husband he is looking in the Oil&Gas field and he found better offers on naukrigulf.

You can also see www.polyglot.com they are so good but I think that you must have a very very good CV.

Good luck.

My long experience is never ever pay, it brings nothing, it is just another little rip off, some worse than others, in an attempt to 'monetise' their offering - for them.

As to www.bayt.com, it was once the market leader in the Middle East - first mover advantage - but from a candidate's perspective it is useless - when you apply for jobs they grade you according to their own grading and put you somewhere in a long list of applicants - your c.v. very very rarely if ever gets seen.

Just put up a good profile - or several, then let them come to you, if they are going to - and move on to other sites.

Interestingly I am finding that most of my work is coming to me through LinkedIn, one way or another.

SF.

I totally agree with you Stuart...I could not have described bayt's business better and how useless it is for candidates. It appears they have made a conscious business decision to play with the hopes of candidates in the pursuit of more profit through the selling for their premium service!

Yes, as you say, sigh

I agree with you.  I have been looking for Teaching job in English as a Foreign Language.  Every day I look up sites, apply etc and I feel like you that they never really look at the CVs.  Some days I find it soul destroying and depressing.
I have one bad experience with Education Experts, a recruitment agency based in London.  They offered me a job in Saudi and for 6 months kept pushing the boat out.  I paid 500 sterling for a Medical and Visa which never happened.  I told them them that I couldn't work with them as I don't trust them as far as I would throw them!
Now it is hard to know if any of these agencies are really professional!
Bayt - I have got no interviews from them and the jobs are really in my area.

How do you approach getting work from Linkedn?  I have joined them, interested to hear about your experience.  Thanks

Hi how are you? Have you managed to find work in the uae?
If you would like inbox me with a bit more info for example how many years of experience you have teaching and what age group you are interested in?
I may be able to help you as i have a few employers hiring.

I would welcome any name of employers hiring.  I have changed career, in that I have working in administration most of my working life and I have 1 year teaching experience in France.  I was teaching adults, haven't really any experience with Children but I would be willing to teach any age group.
I have taught children privately.
I have a BA Degree in French, Media & Communications & TEFL.
If you need anymore details please let me know.
Thank you for your response.

Bayt.Com  is a good site however it depends on the employer to be honest ,

Hi there,
Your subject flashed my eye, and thus wanted to reply on your question as it seems that bayt doesn't really works as it says. I have now 1 yr trying to hunt a job with 15+yrs of extensive HR experience but bayt is the wrong door to knock (my personal experience), you may want to try aljazeera jobs, and or drop me an quick email [email protected] so I can send it to your inbox the entire list or 88 recruitment agencies from round the world that operates with their physical offices in Dubai.

Tried to help :)

Regards from Kosovo

Yes Bayt still a rip-off for candidates but all my work in recent years has come through LinkedIn - get a good profile up and keep it upto date, only thing to do

I will also Agree. Bayt is just a big rip-off. They are more of making money for themselves than helping the right candidate get a job. They will email almost every week telling you to pay a fee so they will help upgrade your resume so as to be the number one priority when you apply for a job posting. You will spend your whole entire time applying for jobs you are qualified and even over qualified for, but will never get any response.

Some will say try dubizzle, i will say forget it. Dubbizle is now like that of a dating site, where one post a job offer asking for specific individuals and Genders. But that being said LinkedIn is more professional and better, and try Indeed too.

Best of Luck

Hello all, thanx a lot for your replies,

I have been online for several months... did pay some fees and must say, it was so far not worth a dime. I have applied on several jobs online on several pages in UAE and from around 100 - 150 applies, I received 3 negative feedbacks. 3 out of a hundred.

As I do not know how it works in UAE, here in Switzerland you have many companies that are specialized in Job hunting for you.
Reading about UAE, I have read, that a lot of people just walk in and try to get a job on such way. I am planning to go back to UAE beginning of next year and try my luck searching while I am there.

Are there companies, where I can walk in introduce myself and they will try to search a job for me ? Does that exist, or do I just walk from company to company and ask for a job ? If I would try that here, I would end up at the front desk and sent away. Without an appointment, you usually do not get a job. How are you doing that, living in UAE ? Thank you for any feedbacks,

Mike

If you are asking of head hunters in UAE, i think there are some here too, whereby you pay them and they try to connect you to a company. But i have read a lot of bad stuff about people paying hug sums and not getting any job. Read a blog the other time about a woman who paid for a service where her resume will be distributed to top and good companies for a job, but ending up not getting any job and her money back. you can also try recruitment agencies based here in UAE but that one too has its give and takes.

For the "walk ins" is often done here in UAE, of course you can not do that with all companies but most offices here accept that. You just enter, walk up to the secretary/Receptionist and ask if there are any vacancies available and if no, ask if it would be ok to leave your resume in case there is a vacancy in the near future. Some companies and offices do not allow that, in a case you walk to such companies they will write down their website or email address and tell you to send your resume there.

I have seen people walk in to an office and finding a job. and others who were called after a week or 2 upon leaving their resume at a certain office.