Singular prescription

Does anyone know if I can get singular (an asthma medicine) on the north coast? Only the generic brand is covered by my US insurance, and so I have to pay $200 out of pocket because I need the brand. We don't have medical insurance yet in the DR (but do plan on getting it one we arrive next week) but I thought I'd post here to see if anyone knows if I can get this cheaper in DR. Right now I have a 30 day supply in the meantime.

Thank you.
Jessica

They very well may have it here but may not be much cheaper.  Check with the large Pharmacy in Cheramicos.

Do note that many insurances may  exclude pre existing (asthma as an example) for 6 months to  a year.

Bob K

Hola not for nothing but as to asthma look into the curative elements of cumin it is all natural and works in many cases.  It was recommended to me by a best buddy from law school. He and his wife were looking for a natural product that worked just like the steroid in most asthma medicine. Please also consult your Doctor. Good health and buena fortuna.

What is the problem with generics?   In the U.S. by law, generics must be the same as the original.   Have you tried them?  Many times it takes a few days for the body to acclimate itself to new medicines.   Good luck & good health.   Look into the cumin, you never know if you don't try.   Also, a healthier environment may be conduisve (sp)  to helping correct the condition.     Take heart, the reefs may be near, but you haven't foundered yet.   I have faith in homeopathic solutions for many of life's ailments.   welcome to the island.

Thank you. It's not actually for asthma, but for post surgery scar tissue - "secret remedy" (haha) suggested by many surgeons.

It has nothing to do with asthma. And in many cases there are one or two active or inactive ingredients found in the brand vs the generic, and vice versa. For instance I can take Zyrtec with no problems at all, but the generic store brand Zyrtec makes me very sleepy within minutes.

My daughter and I are effected by environmental allergies though...And actually, except for right on the ocean, the Sosua/Cab area are high triggers for allergies and asthma due to the mold mostly, and also exhaust pollution (which is the case in many cities in the states). Difficult to avoid allergy triggers in general, especially when traveling and being exposed to new ones. No big deal though. Luckily come June 1 we will be living ocean front :) Yippee!! 6 days and counting! See you all soon!  :cheers: