Moving to Malta

I'm a graduate and businessman in Nigeria. I wish moving to Malta to live and work there.So what are the challenges? Are the people welcoming? is better life guaranteed in Malta? What's the socioeconomic situation in Malta?

No chance - forget it.

Slightly intrigued ...... why would he have " no chance " and why should he " forget it " ?

First challenge will be obtaining TNC visa to stay.

Maybe it wont be a challenge if you have good income or have sufficient funds to satisfy self sufficiency = but as you have said you are a businessman then maybe you will work  -so 2nd challenge will be getting work permit

Most of the people are very warm welcoming and friendly.. but be aware that some are only out to fleece you so dont just trust everyone - that has to be earned.

Your life in Malta is what you wish to make it and is entirely down to you and your attitudes to living there...  it is quirky and in the right place that suits you, your family and needs can be a fabulous place to live.... but sometimes it takes time to find the right place. so be patient and learn....

Work is there as long as you are not to fussy at what you do and are prepared to adapt to what is available - on the other hand as a businessman and if you have a business model where there is demand then you may stand a chance but its wont be easy.... good luck to you

Thanks my brother

There is no better life guaranteed in Malta. Who would want to guarantee that for anybody ?

Businessman sounds good but what does that mean ? Malta welcomes every foreigner bringing business and money to Malta.

If you have good qualifications and/or a good business modell and enough money you can either apply for a work permit or residency as self-employed or even buy a Maltese passport.

Cheers
Ricky

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=386361
this may help in terms of permits etc

First of all and other shave stated this;
Third-country nationals – those who are not citizens of an EU or EEA member state – have to overcome a few bureaucratic obstacles if they would like to be gainfully employed in Malta. Work permits (aka employment licenses) are issued under a restrictive government policy: The prospective employer must try to find a Maltese candidate or an EU national first. The third-country job applicant must have special qualifications or skills, and the job-seeker must currently be in demand on the Maltese labour market.
You have to provide a copy of your valid passport, a recent photograph, and your diplomas, references, and CV. Your employer will attach the latter to a cover letter outlining your professional duties and working conditions.
A senior manager has to apply for your employment license at the Employment and Training Centre, several months before your planned start date. Once you have the permit, contact the closest Maltese mission and ask which steps to take for your visa. The permit must be renewed every year, for up to three years (sometimes, additional extensions are possible).

Also, I'm a cynic, OK? I admit that.

I become very intrigued when someone describes themselves as a 'business man' and then asks what the socio-economic situation is like in Malta. And, as others ask, what business?
Also, why Malta when they apparently know nothing about these islands?
(We do get some time wasters on here and some with 'hidden' agendas.)
I would be more inclined to believe that this was 'bona fide' interest if more information was forthcoming.
If they are genuine and if they come over here then they are also going to, very unfortunately, find the overt racist attitudes of many living here towards those of African appearance difficult to compete against. Let alone the local cartels.
(I am of course making the assumption that this person is of African appearance.)
Unless of course they are VERY wealthy and are willing to invest in or buy business.
That is the reality and why I say that.

must admit to having to look up the word socio-economic before answering.....lol

Some travel to broaden their horizon while some travel for greener pasture.I'm traveling for greener pasture and I don't see anything criminal about it.There are economic migrants all over the world and there's always dependency among continents or countries be it U.S.A,Europe,Australia, Oceania, Asia and Africa. This is because nothing exists alone,development could hardly be achieved in isolation and again mineral resources are unevenly distributed by nature's account. One should be free to have another home far away from home provided one has no intention to exploit goodness or becoming a law breaker.All these boil down to the fact that I long to make Malta my second home.I'll be a good fellow & abide to every law.What's my fate?