VISA COST + PROCESSING CHARGES

Hi Sumitranji,

Good Evening!

I have been offered a position in Oman. The Medical Tests have been done & the reports are being sent thru mail. However, just as a protagonist curiosity wanted to know about the Total Cost of processing the Visa by the employer (including Clearances et al). I am asking this question since the consultant thru which the recruitment is relayed is asking my passport or Rs. 32,000/ - to be kept with them as Security, in case I withdraw the offer made.
Is such a case common according to your experience? I feel the sum is too exhorbitant!

I request your suggestions on the above.

Regards,
Arun

Hi ArunSamy,

Visa processing fee is not a fixed sum for all job opportunities. It varies between position to position.

If going through a consultant you are at a risk (mostly). Numerous anxious employees have been cheated by these unscrupulous agents / consultants. It is a far too common occurrence to be brushed aside casually.

Obviously the agent / consultant would try to make the maximum money out of you. So be very careful. Also never ever handover your passport to them.

If it is possible, it is better for you to establish direct contacts with your prospective employer here in Oman.

Good luck.