Soon moving to Tivat - seeking work in Childcare

I am new to this site saw ur post hope u Don't mind me messaging.My name is Beth. I am Irish and planing to move to tivat to live with my boyfriend. Depends if I get job. I am hoping to send CV to Knightsbridge school I am newly qualified Montessori/earlyyears childcare worker for 0-6 year olds.Any tips or help be great. I am very familiar with area of tivat and Kotor. Be nice to hear from someone who has moved there already and to hear plusses and negatives. How hard or eassy it all was. Sorry for really long mes

Hi Beth, I am English and found it relatively easy to move here. The visa issue can be a bit complicated, you will need to see the tourist inspector when you arrive. I am slowly and struggling to learn language but if you have a loved one here it is worth it :)

Have to stick at it I know. Try an app called l lingo costs around £15 but really good. Message me if you need any help or anything.

Hi my name is Beth.
My boyfriend is montenegrin. I am Irish and planing on moving to montenegro in summer. If I get a job in the Tivat area. I am a Montessori/ early childhood education and care qualified to teach 0-6 year olds. I am very familar with tivat and kotor area. I have visited many times in last 12 years. Its a lovely country. Any info on the whole move process and applying for jobs be a great help.

Hi "Funnyface",
Maybe you are not aware of this, but there are 2 international schools in Tivat. The second one is called Arcadia. It could be worth sending them your CV too.
There are 2 ways of getting a residence permit here, the first one is if you have a job here (your work permit will entitle you to a residence permit) and the second one, which is new and will be in application from April 1st 2015, is by owning property in Montenegro.
Cheers, best of luck, and welcome!
Carine

Really!!?? So, if you own a property you get residence from 1st April 2015? That's great news, it nearly made me cry :) Thank you for the great news.

Does anyone know about dual citizenship? Is it possible to have dual citizenship I'm Montenegro?

Hello all! :)

@Beth : kindly note that a new thread has been created as from your post on the Montenegro forum to help you get better interactions.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Thanks for info Tsarine

Hey Banjoharp :)

Banjoharp wrote:

Really!!?? So, if you own a property you get residence from 1st April 2015? That's great news, it nearly made me cry :) Thank you for the great news.

Yes this is very very good news, and long awaited one. You can find the translated law on the website of the Ministry of Interior: http://www.mup.gov.me/biblioteka/zakoni - I think the minimum value of the property owned still needs to be specified though, so it might not be everyone who can get residence permit this way. There should be more details announced by April 1st. 

Banjoharp wrote:

Does anyone know about dual citizenship? Is it possible to have dual citizenship I'm Montenegro?

Usually not, but there are exceptions. You should find more here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montenegri … nality_law and here http://www.refworld.org/cgi-bin/texis/v … =47e117082

Cheers!
Carine

Thank you!