I did my own 9-1 Pensioners Visa

I documented the whole thing. Nothing to it.  paulallanacee.wordpress.com/category/ecuador-9-1-pensioners-visa/

Paul Acee wrote:

I documented the whole thing. Nothing to it. https://paulallanacee.wordpress.com/cat … ners-visa/

Congratulations, Paul.  You're proud of it, and justifiably so :top:

You accomplished something that most of us either can't do or don't feel comfortable doing without an attorney or visa advisor.

The more can-do Expats such as you who come to Ecuador, the better. :)

cccmedia in Quito

I just read this on your link:

---------
Update (1/9/2015): It's been confirmed to my satisfaction that in addition to a FBI Background Check you will now also need a state background check (if coming from the U.S.). Use the last state you've lived in, or are living in for this purpose (only one state report is needed/required).
---------

The visa office in Cuenca is now requiring a FBI report AND a state police report?? I can't grasp that at all.  - What if you moved, or moved more than once during the 5 year period required for the police report? As did our friend cccmedia.

You are the first person posting here with information that TWO different criminal backround checks are required.

gardener1 wrote:

Update (1/9/2015): It's been confirmed to my satisfaction that in addition to a FBI Background Check you will now also need a state background check (if coming from the U.S.). Use the last state you've lived in, or are living in for this purpose (only one state report is needed/required).
---------
The visa office in Cuenca is now requiring a FBI report AND a state police report?? I can't grasp that at all.  - What if you moved, or moved more than once during the 5 year period required for the police report? As did our friend cccmedia.

Top Cat,

You're correct, here in Quito I successfully submitted only the FBI background check and obtained a residency visa (Feb. 2014) after living in multiple states. 

Paul's update, as re-posted by you above, states that a single state-police report was required for his more-recent visa ap (in addition to the FBI background check).

Do you have information to the contrary about state report(s) from another source....

In any case, the usual considerations apply:

1.  All rules are subject to change and interpretation.

2.  What's required in Quito on Monday may be different from Cuenca on Tuesday.

3.  Ministry speaks.  Expats comply.

4.  Having an attorney or visa expert who knows the people (as well as the rules) can sometimes make things happen if the going gets complicated.

cccmedia in Quito

cccmedia wrote:
Paul Acee wrote:

I documented the whole thing. Nothing to it. https://paulallanacee.wordpress.com/cat … ners-visa/

Congratulations, Paul.  You're proud of it, and justifiably so :top:

You accomplished something that most of us either can't do or don't feel comfortable doing without an attorney or visa advisor.

The more can-do Expats such as you who come to Ecuador, the better. :)

cccmedia in Quito

We would have expecting nothing less, he is from Fort Worth, for what its worth.

Paul,

I'd like to know how long the process took. From the time you submitted all of the required documentation, how long was it before you had your visa in hand?

Thanks,
Nat

Based on anecdotal reports of recent months, it is now evident that the easiest way to obtain EC residency without an attorney is by applying for a pensioner visa and doing so in Cuenca.

A major reason this appears to be true is that the ministry office in Cuenca has sufficient bi-lingual staff to assist Expats.

Investor and professional visas can be more complicated than pension applications, making Expats in Quito and on the coast more likely to seek professional assistance for the non-pension visas.

cccmedia in Quito

could please explain more?
my father is 63 years old and his monthly salary is about 800$, he wants to come with my mom,
and he has a home which is in rent something about 700$.
is that possible he use both for final salary for pension visa? because his retired monthly salary is not enough for both(mom and dad) .

nasimjenabi wrote:

my father is 63 years old and his monthly salary is about 800$, he wants to come with my mom, and he has a home which is in rent something about 700$.

is that possible he use both for final salary for pension visa? because his retired monthly salary is not enough for both.

If the combined pension-type income of mom and dad totals $900 or more per month, they can qualify for a pension visa in Ecuador.  He could be the primary applicant for a residency visa and, in that case, she would be listed as a dependent.

You said his "salary" is about $700 and did not specify mom's income, if any.

The combined income to qualify does not include salary from currently working at a job.  It is a pension, social-security payment, annuity or other dependable income. 

If he will collect money from renting his home, that ordinarily is not acceptable toward the $900, as rent payments can stop due to vacancy or non-payment by his tenant.

If you post again, please clarify whether dad has pension-type income and how much .. same for mom.

cccmedia in Quito