Moving to Bangalore soon

We are a french Family with 3 kids. We will move to Bangalore in july. We will come in february for one week to find a location and a good school for our children. I'd like to find friends to communicate with in this new and so different country and to discover its traditions and peculiarities. If you have any tips to help me to become acclimatized, please, don't hesitate to write to me.

Hi Fil Indien,

Which week in February will you be in Bangalore? I am from Singapore and visit Bangalore often. Will be there on 25th Feb, and meeting a few local friends for a gathering. They may be able to help you with your questions and give you tips on settling down in the city.

Hello Fil indien,

I have created a new thread with your post and the subsequent replies on the forum Bangalore for a better visibility.

Shaazia
Expat.com Team

One word
. Whitefield. Where all expats live. Whats ages are the kids?

Hello HpSpore,

Welcome to Bangalore.  I was in Singapore for more than a year at Tanah Merah near to Changi Business park.
Lets meetup and discuss the richness and purity of Singapore.

Regards,

Venus

You can look the following localities of Banagalore -
Indiranagar and nearby (cantonment etc where there are church and schools),
Koramangala,
whitefield

All the above areas have church, schools and places to shop
Whitfield is still a developing zone.

Thats a very half baked answer. Expats live across in several areas in Bangalore.

Please look around the demographics of the city before making such an off the cuff comment.

My Mexican friends stay at Victoria Layout, French friends in IndiraNagar and a lot are scattered all across Bangalore.
Whitefield is just one of them.

We will finally live in Manyata. Our kids are 9, 6 and 4. Thank you for your answer. Whitefield is too far from my husband's work.
Regards.

Hi Fil indien
Hope India is treating you well. Bangalore is a great city. We hope that your transfer from one city to another is conducted smoothly. In case you are in need of any help in packing and moving your household goods, please revert.

[moderated: please post your advert in the housing section. Thank you]

Up
Date. Manyata. Is Whitefeild.......lol.