Passport Photos

I always got them when needed in the Kodak shop at City Centre. However, I found yesterday that the shop is closed for renovations. I called the Kodak shop in Bahrain Mall and they do them, but they close for a couple of hours in the afternoon. That is a bit of a problem for me since the photos are to be of my child.

Anyone know where else I can get passport photos? Preferably in the Seef area.

Yes, I need them also!

I couldn't find a local shop when I needed an extra one for yet another form of ID so I just used a smartphone and a white background - printed it on some photo paper at work and trimmed them to size...I think it was  2”x2” or 51×51 mm

Good luck!

I actually need mine for a new passport (imagine that!) so they need to be good quality.

there is sahari in budyia road near al qadam roundabout, you also scoop which is in saar .

ummmm those are the closest  to seef area that i could think of right now

i'll keep you posted when i remember

hope this helps buddy

Stakan -

I understand the quality, but when I had my passport renewed in the US the girl at CVS used her iPhone 5 to take my photo because she didn't like their little camera.  Plugged it in to their machine, trimmed and printed it out.  That's where I got the idea to try it here.  Was good enough for a United States passport at least.

Here is the link to an app for Apple products that is made to take and trim passport photos - there are equivalents on Android as well.  I don't remember the one I used but I can look it up.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id-phot … 88006?mt=8

Good luck.

There is a photo booth in Jawad supermarket near Sanad. Proper UK style booth. Go on to Jawad supermarket website and you get maps etc on there

In City Centre mall there is a shop that sells camera's  and accessories ( i can remember the name..sorry...but it may be the one Stakan is talking about, Kodak) on the ground floor near Carrefour that charge you 2 BHD and will do you small photo prints the size you want.

If you want to go cheaper, goto the Souq and near Bab Al Bahrain you will find a shop that prints photos. They will do you a batch of passport size photos very cheap, 1.5 BHD

:)

Thanks Jazzy. The one you mentioned is the one I was referring to. Apparently it is just closed for renovation and will reopen.

And thanks Jo. That was very helpful.

We ended up using the Kodak shop in Bahrain Mall, as we made it there today before they closed for their afternoon break.It was just BD 2 (same as the currently closed shop in City Centre).

I also use Bahrain Mall. As you enter the mall, it's right there on the ground floor. I can't remember its name but it's quite quick and efficient.