Hi and a few questions :)

Hi everyone just a quick message to say hi!

My 3 year old daughter and I have just arrived in Bahrain from the UK to join my husband. I have been looking through the forum and have seen some great advice so hope you wont mind if I have a few questions  :top:

We are currently staying in Amwaj in temporary accomodation but want to move to saar/janabaiya areas as soon as possible as they seem the most family friendly. I have looked online at a lot of properties and am aware of prices but have seen it mentioned a few times here that I should negotiate to get the best deal can anyone advise me on what I should be negotiating on and what I should expect to get discounted if at all?

Also my daughter is three and very keen to get to preschool and make friends - any advice on the preschools in the above areas and can I apply before she and I have our cpr's (still waiting currently  :unsure )?

And finally I am six months pregnant and am looking for the best hospital/obstetrician as I was advised in the uk that I would need a caesarean due to long standing complications. And can I 'pay as I go' until our insurance cards arrive?

Im so sorry to bombard with questions - just keen to get going and need some reliable advice  :)

So thank you for any advice you can give and I really hope to hear from some of you soon

All the best
Happyholmes  :cheers:

Hello there and welcome to Bahrain and the forum.

My husband and I live in Amwaj with our two dogs and in about three weeks time we will have a new addition to our family!
I am currently 9 months pregnant.
I use American Mission Hospital. They are a wonderful hospital and I would highly recommend them. I see Dr. Dora at the Amwaj clinic across the street from Alosra. I go there for all my check ups but delivery will be in their main branch in Manama. I know they also have a clinic in Saar as well. I pay as I go and it is very affordable. They will also give you claim back forms for your insurance if you request it. Their maternity packages are also good. If you will be having a C section, the packages are as follows:
4 nights stay
General Rom: BD 690
Private Room: BD 935
VIP Room: BD 1240

I took a tour of the maternity ward and the nurses are very friendly. The majority of them are also qualified mid wives. It is an older facility but very clean and comfortable.The private rooms are on the smaller side but again clean and with your own bathroom. I think this is a great option for you because you are currently in Amwaj with a clinic right around the corner. It take about 15 minutes to get the the main hospital and when you move to Saar you will also have one of their clinics close to you!

As for the accommodation prices; there usually is always room for negotiation. It can vary depending on what you want. If you get a place that is unfurnished, then you can simply ask for a discount on the rent. If you want fully furnished, check for things like internet and TV packages and find out how much they are charging you for that. You don't want to be over charged. It is just as simple as turning around and asking for a discount on the rent. Some things they might add that you don't want and you can ask them to take it away and lower the rent. I am not a ton of help on this one seeing as my hubby covered the negotiations when we rented out place.

This is our first child so I also can't advise on schools yet!

Hope my hospital info was useful to you however!!!!

Good Luck!!!!

i helloo and welcome to Bahrain , i live in saar as im a local here, and i think our friend Honey covered most of the things you asked for.

As for schooling, the nearest schools to saar are St christophers and Al Mahd private school , there are other schools around he budyia area , but i think theses are the best ones.

if you need to know anything more just ask away .

and welcome again to BH and our beautiful forum .

regards
Hussain

Hi Honey Combs  :cheers:

Congratulations on your pregnancy and thank you for the detailed reply I really appreciate all the information its invaluable  :top: Can I call AMH clinic directly to request an appointment or do I need to be referred by the main hospital?

My husband and I are going villa hunting this weekend so hopefully we'll get something sorted or at least a better idea of what's out there  :)

Thank you again for all your help and I wish you all the best for your new arrival - it's such an exciting time  ;)

Happyholmes x x x

Thank you Hussain  :top:

Can I just ask as you live in Saar - I am aware that most of the troubles are over in Bahrain but have heard that there are still occasionally tyre burnings in Saar - is there a particular area of Saar that you would suggest would be better to live in or is it not a problem?

Thanks again and all the best

Happyholmes  :)

i think you can call them directly for an appointment or just visit the hospital or the branch personally

the one in saar i can just call them for an appointment , and if im new new there when i arrive to the clinic they open a file and they charge about 10 or 20 bd for openning the file .

Just avoid the areas where you see graffitis on the walls and you should be fine.

You do not need to be referred. No worries there. You can phone them for an appointment or just show up and make one.

Thank you, it is an extremely exciting time! We just had our baby shower over the weekend and now it is starting to feel very very real haha.

I wish you all the best and dont hesitate to ask away!!!!! :)