Greetings from Mindoro

Hi all,

Just thought I'd drop in and say hello. I'm James, a 32-year-old British expat living here in Occidental Mindoro. Most people will know Oriental Mindoro (where Puerto Galera is) but few will have been to our side of the island (I doubt). I've been living here in the Philippines since 2010 and have no plans to go back to the UK now.

I'm married to a Filipina and we have a gorgeous 18-month-old daughter. We've got a house right on the beach and I wouldn't change my life for absolutely anything right now.

Hope I can be of help here.

Cheers,
James

Well done, James. It's a big world out there. who's to say you're supposed to stay in the western world...without the beautiful wife and beach and child... I think you'll be OK !

We plan to move there in 1-5 years..but probably up by Tarlac or thereabouts.

Enjoy.

Hi James,
My girlfriend and I live in Manila and are planning on going to Mindoro the first week of March for about seven days for a tour of the island. We are  planning on maybe staying around Puerto Galera area for one or two days and than moving to the other side of the island.
Can I ask what area you are in and is there any small resorts on the beach with a place to eat that you might recommend?
Also what is the choices of transportation to get around the island?
Hope to hear from you,
Thank you ,
Réal D.