It's possible to Work in Singapore - go home everyday to johor bahru?

Greetings,

My family and I are planning to migrate to Johor Bahru, Malayisa because the rent and food there is cheaper, but is it possible to work in Singapore and go home everyday in Johor Bahru because the rent and food there is cheaper than Singapore and what kind of visa will I apply so that my passport will not be loaded with immigration stamp everytime I go to Singapore and go back to Johor Bahru?

And since we are not Malaysian what visa will we apply so my family and I can stay long term in Johor, Bahru, Malaysia while I am working in Singapore?

Thank you in advance.

Hello michraph and welcome to Expat.com

That's indeed an interesting question!

Hope that some members could soon advise you if its possible or not to work in Singapore and stay in Malaysia!

Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Yes it is possible. You can apply for MACS(Malaysia Automated Clearance System) I uses that last time.

If you do not work in Malaysia and are not married to a Malaysian, I think the only viable ways to get a long-term visa is good connection, or the MM2H (Malaysia My 2nd Home) programme - google that!
It is possible, but very strenuous and time-consuming to commute daily to Singapore on public transport (you will not be allowed to drive a Malaysian car into Singapore!). And, since Johore isn't really the most desirable place to be, you'll have to adjust your lifestyle expectations in line with the lower cost (you get what you pay for!).