English Teachers

If you are looking for opportunities to teach English in Sao Paulo I could be of some assistance getting you orientated in the city and how to approach this business.  I work with a dynamic team of native teachers and we help each other with the growing demand for English in the city. 
please email me on [email protected]

What is the average pay for getting into teaching Engish?

Hello Sole2Speak,

Our forums are not intended for advertising of any kind. I invite you to place a free ad in our JOBS section, which you can access by clicking on the JOBS tab in the green banner at the top of this page.

It will get the same exposure there, and it will remain current as opposed to here in the forum where it will just keep moving towards the back pages as new topic threads are posted.

If you do post an ad there, just remember it will not appear immediately. Of necessity it will be reviewed by Expat-blog Team before being visible to all our members. This will usually take place within 48 hours, unless you post on, or very close to a weekend.

Cheers,
James      Expat-blog Experts Team

Joe Markus from San Francisco, graphic designer and interested in conversation. [email protected]

CraigF wrote:

What is the average pay for getting into teaching Engish?

It depends on the city in Brazil, you'll make slightly more in the larger metropolitan areas like São Paulo and Rio, but still the pay scales are ridiculously low and depend solely on actual class time (it will be difficult to get a commitment as to number of classes per day from most schools), no pay for associated work such as class prep, correcting homework, etc. Most schools do not pay any benefits since they hire on a "Service Provider Contract", so you're not officially an employee.

Traditionally one will make a little more for "in-company' classes because they necessitate travel, but this consumes a great deal of your time just getting from one class to another, reducing your earning capability with a lot of dead time in transit. You'd be hard pressed to be able to find time to do any more than 3 classes in one day in most large cities.

If you're looking for a job that you're going to have an average or better than average standard of living, then teaching English is definitely not going to make you a "happy camper" by any means. The only advantage that it offers it that the work is easy to find (because of the near-slave wages) and most of the schools couldn't care less about your visa status, in fact, most prefer to take on teachers who have visas that do not permit work in Brazil, in order to exploit them even further.

For school owners and administrators out there, I'm sorry if the truth hurts! But, we all know it IS the truth.

Cheers,
James     Expat-blog Experts Team

Great post James! I'm living the "dream" as an English teacher here in Brazil. I couldn't have replied better to his question. You hit the nail 'Dead On'!

yes i want to teach English in sao paula school , i am expert in my subjest english ,

arshad prince wrote:

yes i want to teach English in sao paula school , i am expert in my subjest english ,

Good luck with that! In São Paulo - Rio - Belo Horizonte unless you're from the USA, Canada, UK, Australia or New Zealand you don't stand much of a chance finding a job teaching English at any of the schools.

Cheers,
James    Expat-blog Experts Team

Arshad, and your message was full of mistakes; like me quite often but I don't pretend teaching english...
If the purpose of this message was to display your english language skills,  this is a miss.

Hey guys, I'm looking for some new English students at the moment.  If anyone has need of an experienced teacher, please drop me a line.  Thanks, and take care

Hey sole2speak, how are you?  I'm available to give esl class in São Paulo now.  Please let me know if you have any clients ready.  Thanks!
Wesley219

I needed the job please help

Please do not post personal/identifying information such as phone number on the open forum.

This should only be exchanged in the private message system