U.S. Expat Sentenced to Prison; Advertised EC Sex Tours on Craigslist

Patrick Minga, who was a visa facilitator in metro Quito and a controversial subject on Expat.com Ecuador (see "Visa problems" thread) was sentenced February 6th in Orlando, Florida, to 57 months in a federal prison, Latin America Current Events reports.

Minga had pled guilty to "attempting to induce and elicit sexual conduct with minor girls."

Minga had attracted the attention of a U.S. Homeland Security task force when he advertised "sex tours" on Craigslist -- "lodging, food and unlimited females for $1,395 for seven days" -- later admitting he conducted a sex-tourism business to bring U.S. men to Ecuador to have sex with girls.  (Orlando Sentinel)

According to Minga's plea agreement, he had told the federal agent that he could arrange a sex tour for him (the agent) and a purported group of men visiting Ecuador.

The former Florida resident had also owned and operated a hotel in Quito.

According to an Internet profile he once posted on LinkedIn, Minga in 2008 "moved to my wife's country of Ecuador....I opened a real estate company, built a retirement community there...developing commercial real estate to help new business owners achieve their goals at a low cost."

cccmedia wrote:

Patrick Minga, who was a visa facilitator in metro Quito and a controversial subject on Expat.com Ecuador (see "Visa problems" thread) was sentenced February 6th in Orlando, Florida, to 57 months in a federal prison, Latin America Current Events reports.

Minga had pled guilty to "attempting to induce and elicit sexual conduct with minor girls."

Minga had attracted the attention of a U.S. Homeland Security task force when he advertised "sex tours" on Craigslist -- "lodging, food and unlimited females for $1,395 for seven days" -- later admitting he conducted a sex-tourism business to bring U.S. men to Ecuador to have sex with girls.  (Orlando Sentinel)

According to Minga's plea agreement, he had told the federal agent that he could arrange a sex tour for him (the agent) and a purported group of men visiting Ecuador.

According to an Internet profile he once posted on LinkedIn, Minga in 2008 "moved to my wife's country of Ecuador....I opened a real estate company, built a retirement community there...developing commercial real estate to help new business owners achieve their goals at a low cost."

Real estate developer, Visa expediter, pimp - yep, they're pretty much the same business.

cccmedia wrote:

Shoulda got 57 years

I knew the man.  I agree.