Moving in oman

salam
i am syeda mariam i have an offer of moving to oman as a teacher may i please know how much salary is paid to teachers over there and are teachers allowed to teach tutions to there students and i have a 3 year old son so how is the education in pakistani school.and life style there

Salam Alaikum Sayida Maryam

First of all you are welcome to Oman

There are many four types of schools in Oman

- Government schools
- private schools
- International schools
- Special needs schools

Each type of these school has its own allocations and budget. So which type of these schools your going to work for?

Thank you sooo much ...
i have offer to work in pakistan school in oman

Thank you sooo much ...

syeda mariam wrote:

Thank you sooo much ...

So this comes under International schools in Oman

However, they must have sent you the job contract where everything should be mentioned there

yes. indeed they have mentioned what i asked is how is education there and how is lifestyle in oman and usually teachers are paod how much they offered me 400 omr with accomodation will be provided.

Mariam,
Pakistan School Muscat is run under Pakistan embassy and is purely following the Punjab Curriculum of studies, followed by an additional  O and A level studies. 

Generally, they pay less to the teachers, while in some cases (specially for females), they do take accountability of the accommodation and utilities.

Please note that it is purely illegal to work else than what you're hired for. If caught, the visa may be cancelled with a possible ban on the re-entry in Oman or probably the whole GCC. So be careful if you plan to provide tutions.

Thirdly, for getting an idea on the life at Oman (Muscat), please go through various posts by many users. You'll certainly be benefited.

Best of luck.

Syeda, salary must be mentioned on your contract.