Residence and Work Permit

Hello all, I am having some difficulties navigating through the Danish Immigration possibilities and I would appreciate any help and advice! :)

I was offered a job in Denmark last fall in a research laboratory in a university. I was supposed to begin work on February 2015, so I came to DK a bit earlier in January. Unfortunately I just learned that my work permit was denied. Apparently this was due to the fact that my job was not specialized enough. The university is now trying to figure out if an appeal is possible but they are not optimistic.

My question is: Has anyone have had an experience filing an appeal for a work and residence permit?

I have a fiancee here in DK and that is why I was looking to move here for work. Now, since this might not happen I will have to leave soon in order to abide by Danish Visa stay requirements. I have also looked into the family reunification visa for partners but I am not sure if my fiancee and I qualify. If anyone has had experience with this I would also really appreciate any advice.

Thank you in advance,
BL

I understand your situation since I have been doing research for some years.  Anyway, what about green card scheme which uses the point assessment based on your credentials, age, etc. With this alternative, you probably have an idea before hand whether you'll earn enough point or not. However, it has a relatively long waiting time around 6 months or so as far as I remember.

Good luck & enjoy your stay as long as it lasts!