Heads up!! - Fiancee visa.

Hi.

There is allot of you who are asking about fiancee visa, and why the processing time is so long.

I want to help by making this topic so you can have a insight about what we know here in Norway. Im a Norwegian who is waiting for my lovely wife to come, and I hope that will be soon.
We have now been waiting more than 9 months.

UDI is a part of our government. A few years ago we had an election, and our new government became right wing (blue as can get). One of the parties in this coalition is FRP, a very immigrant hostile party. They have gotten allot of their cases come trough, also those regarding immigration and visa process.

The leader of the justice department, Anders Anundsen, has ordered UDI to reduce its activity processing visas, and instead spend more time to handle cases about sending people out of the country.
The media here in Norway is writing on a daily basis about families who are shipped out of our country, illegal immigrants. Most of them have been here for 10-15 years and have gotten kids who now see themselves as Norwegians.
This changes in UDI has caused them to stack up more than 12000 unprocessed visas in this writing moment, and its increasing every day. Last December there was more than 400 visas coming in to their offices.

Last time I talked with UDI, they say we might have to wait another month or two, and there is no other answer to get from them. I have been calling them so many times, and every time they say the same thing "You just need to wait, there is nothing we can do about your case at the moment."

Also I read in this forum there are some of u who has a sponsor who has hired a lawyer. Well, thats just a waste of money. A lawyer alone cant fight our system. He will only get the same reply as if u called UDI themselves.
So have ur spouse/sponsor to save the money for better times, like a plane ticket to come see you. Thats my best advice.

Me and my wife are crossing our fingers we will be united before summer. And we're also crossing our fingers for all of you who still are waiting out there in same frustrating situation as we are.

Best regards
Laura and Øystein Mungesi Haugan

Thanks for the heads up. This doesn't sound good, am about to submit my application for fiancee  visa this coming Feb 18. Waiting for 9 months or so is really frustrating.  :sosad:

hi anne

i heard the Royal Norwegian Embassy in the Philippines already decides for family immigration permits, which includes fiancée visa.. so u can get an answer within a month if u get approved or ur case is forwarded to UDI.. so if you are applying from the Philippines, dont lose hope ;) and btw, the papers will have to be submitted now to VFS Global, and not the embassy (which requires an additional 1.5k fee :( bummer).. but yea, i understand that 9 months of waiting can be really exhausting and frustrating.. and not being able to apply for a visit visa while waiting for results just makes it worse :(

anyways, good luck on ur application :)

hi haugan

thanks for the info :) this is really a good share.. i hope u and ur wife get good news soon

all the best.!

sorry for the spam.. my response had been posted twice :(

Hi Pheebz

Thank you for the info, somehow this confuses me as when I booked my appointment  the place stated is Royal Norewegian Embassy, Manila not VFS Global though I already read from the embassy website about this important update. And we booked a hotel which is closer to the embassy ahhggrrrr!  :|

awww :( yea, on the application portal u have to put Royal Norwegian Embassy since they are the ones who are gonna decide for ur application.. i think VFS will just accept ur documents and still forward it to the embassy.. maybe since they started to process family immigration applications, they offload some tasks so they can focus on checking new applications.. i really hope this change would mean faster processing to new and old applications as well..

i havent been to the new visa place :( i thought its just around makati as well?

I emailed the VFS global and they said I need to lodge my application there. Instead of a walking distance to embassy, now I need to take taxi to VFS. Since I have very tiny knowledge about Makati this sounds a disaster to me.  :D  Seriously, its so easy for me to get lost in the city than in the wild even with the help of gps.  :(

hahaha ikr?! iv been to the embassy a few times, and i used to work in Makati.. but everytime i have to come back, i still use a cab and google maps every frickin' time... hahaha Makati is a jungle in the city, lol.!

btw, after ur application, maybe u can share ur experiences with this new process on a new thread? so others can have an idea on how the new process is :) thanks and wish u all the best