TV series looking for ex pats

I am a producer in the UK and I am currently working on a series for Channel 4 about ex pats living and working in the Dordogne

The series will follow a wide range of stories, families and businesses at different stages of their move.  Some people we are following as they pack up their UK homes and head overseas, others are entering their first season in business, others are more established while others may be about to embark on an exciting renovation project.

The show aims to provide a real, true to life insight in to moving abroad through the eyes of enterprising British people.  We want to showcase individuals who, far from putting their feet up and relaxing, are carving themselves new careers and businesses in a foreign country.

As well as individuals and businesses we are keen to showcase the help that is available for new arrivals in the form of agencies and organisation.

Do you feel you fit the bill?  if so I would love to hear from you

I can be contacted on jbeanland[at]truenorth.tv

I do hope to hear from you soon and in the meantime thank you for taking the time to read this.

Best wishes

Julie

Hi,

We have just moved to France, from Sheffield to Bordeaux on the 29th of December, it has been difficult to rent a house, but finally we will move in to one tomorrow after living in temporary accommodation since, our furniture will arrive tomorrow as well!!

I work on the oil rigs and I'm away a lot of the time, I am away at the moment, back tomorrow, then away again on Tuesday for a possible 2 weeks again. I have just taken a 8 week contract in Turkmenistan which will start very soon, but hopefully I will be able to take some time out with my 2 girls 6 & 9 year olds and my wife.

I'm interested in this ad, but I don't think my wife would be!!! The girls would love it!!

I look forward to your reply

Hi and thank you for the reply

This sounds really interesting

Why did you decide to move to Bordeaux?  Is your wife working or busy looking after your girls (which I can imagine is a full time job especially in a foreign country!)

It would be great if you could speak to your wife and see if she would be interested in learning more and then also to hear more about what you are up to in France!

thanks very much again and I look forward to hearing from you

Julie

Hi,

My wife is French and she has been in the UK for the past 20 years, we married over 7 years ago. She was a project manager for an IT company in the UK, she ( Bonnie) doesn't work anymore, she just looks after the kids, we had to put them into international school so that they can learn French and also continue with the English language. Bonnie doesn't know that I've replied to the post. Her contact details/ mobile is 0033778134892, I think, she's just got a new number.

Thanks

Alistair

Julie,

My email is:- [email protected], if you want to make it more private.

Regards

Alistair

Julie,

If you email me, I'll pass on all my wife's details for you to contact her!!

Ali