Visiting Quito, Cotacachi & Cuenca in October

I'll be 3 days each in Quito, Cotacachi and Cuenca.  Any suggestions on meeting spots or watering holes where I might chat up some of the experienced ex-pats?  Also, recommendations on friendly lodging in Cotacachi?

Saludos y gracias - Mike

In Cuenca, Zoe's on Friday nights starting at 5:30.

In Cuenca the Kookaburra or California Kitchen always seem to have friendly ex-pats. The Carolina Bookstore is an informal drop in center as well.

Bueeeno - Llego Quito 10/4, Cotacachi 10/7 y Cuenca 10/10.  Lástima que este viaje será tan breve.  Les buscaré a Zoe's y la California Kitchen.

Mike

I arrive in Quito Monday night.  Any up to the minute info about the situation there (airport, services, anything else?) will be greatly appreciated.

Mike

hi Flatpik,
in Quito I wud recommend staying in Hostal Villa Cayetano it is at Av.Amazonas & Calama, $15. per night with a full kitchen and sports bar out front.
..2 blocks to the east is "the English Book store" (wealth of information ask for Mark the owner) next door to "bungalow 6" disco at de Almagro & Calama, 1 more 1/2 block east on Calama is Uncle Ho's vietnamese food & bar, ask for Jon the barkeep or Kevin the owner.
..at night you will want to visit Finn McCool's Irish Pub, lot of backpacker & ex-pats.
..there is a gringa owned & operated by Nancy, restaurant is in downtown Cotacachi called "Serendepity"  at Gonzalez Suarez & Bolivia, it is a hub of ex-pats for housing, rentals & activitys.

..thats all I know after 2 years in Quito, and just a few trips to Cotacachi, I have never been to Cuenca, but have heard nothing but good first hand accounts about it.
..when are you coming down,  here is a good many pix I have taken:

(Moderated: No free advertising with first post)

stay in touch,
jack